Who is going to make the biggest move up in 2008?

The first guy to post after him frickin marched bd this year, you dont see him complaining...

Bah, fresh out of cookies.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay, on-topic good :)

Bah, fresh out of cookies.

I could really go for some cookies right now.

Ooh...and the cookies are going to move up at least 3 places this year. I went to their after finals staff party, and before they all got drunk, I could tell that they were really focused and intense about the show next year (almost as focused as they were on the dancers). I heard what show they were doing, and I cant tell you what it is, but its going to really blow your minds. I also heard that they have 146 vets coming back, and the 4 rookies are coming in from bd and cadets.

There...back on topic :doh:

meow

Quite.

Anyway, as we were saying...

I would bet that the Cascades will continue to move forward this season. They had a really good guard this season (14th Place at quarters, compared to Academy's 21st place guard...), and the hornline was not too bad either. Most of their members were new this season, think 80% rookie or so... If the drumline improves (from 21st place) I could see them knocking on the door of another finals appearance...

Plus I heard they are having auditions in Texas and Florida, as well as Washington..

80% of the corps were rookies to Cascades, not to drum corps. The number of Oregon Crusaders vets in the corps was staggering.

i think the bigger question (although somewhat negative and unpopular to discuss) is who will move down ni 2008. Corps cannot move up unless other Corps move down.

And I just had another thought - what do you mean by move up? Scores? Performance? Experience? Show design? I think we all gravitate to discussing "moving up or moving down" by placement, but I don't think that tells the whole story. According to scores, Bluecoats moved down this year, but I dare you to find anyone who thinks that their 2007 show is a "step down" from 2006.

Having said that, I would say that two Corps on their way up: Carolina Crown & The Academy

Two Corps on their way down: Spirit of JSU & Boston Crusaders

I think Carolina and Academy both have really promising seasons ahead of them. And with no disrespect, I don't think Spirit of JSU & BAC have a clear path - I don't think they have found what makes them special. I have to clarify however, I enjoy all Drum Corps, but when talking about moving up and moving down, there has to be some winners and some non-winners.

When is enough enough? When will everyone stop saying that The Cadets should have won?

Yes, they were VERY VERY good.

No, they DID NOT WIN.

2007 is over.

Get over it.

####

totally over it.

was over it in quarters . saw the writing on the wall and understood it.

not a big deal.

the best corps does not always win.

LL