Have you ever snuk into a drum corps show and watched it for free? If

baja

I have always paid.....

but there was a moment that i wanted someone to get into a show who clearly didnt have enough money to pay. After we finished a show and lined horns up for retreat, I was designated as horn guard that night. I noticed a mother with 3 kids standing near the fence enjoying every bit of drum corps they could see...The kids asked why they couldnt go in, and she replied that she didnt have tickets----Though there were plenty of empty seats in the stadium that night.

I regret that i was young and naive and didnt go get my wallet from the bus to buy all of them some cheap tickets to get in. One of the only regrets i have from drum corps.

I would rather buy a ticket for someone who will sit and enjoy a show, rather than sell a ticket to a scalper for a profit. I hate scalpers.....that is totally off topic though.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's wrong with giving them a hand. :blink:

At least he had the balls to let people think he was with SCV !! B) :doh: :P

Ya, well we'd all had a few beverages by that point in the night... :P

Adam, from what one French girl told me, Geno doesn't _______ and tell !!! b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs

What a gentleman! :)

Wow - this thread is like a speed trap or a sting operation.

"Tell us if you have ever snuck into a show"

"Well, I walked in and saw the last two corps once."

"Shame on you, horrible person. Die in hell."

I'd advise everyone to say they have paid to go to every show they ever attended, or the shamers will getcha!

^0^ :blink: ^0^ :doh: ^0^ :doh: ^0^

Hmmmm, good advice Senor Nallls. I hear for some the question should be "Have you ever paid for a show?" I wont rest until I find these offenders.

I should add, that I'm not afraid to admit my "sneaking in" partially because I dropped a chunk of $$ in the souvie booths AND have been donating to at least one of the performing corps a total of about 15 times what I would have paid for the tickets.

Hunt me down... I'm not a millionaire, but I can guarantee that I "invest" my money by supporting corps, and not just through souvie stands like I'm sure a good bit of people. Granted, there's nothing wrong with supporting a corps through souvie sales, but they can do A LOT more with an outright donation.

My 2 cents.

When I was younger and before I had reached the age of officially aging out and was broke I would say yes, but usually I was carrying equipment of some sort. Now that I have a job and money I pay for the show even if I spend the whole night in the parking lot. at the very least I consider it a donation to the activity. In addition, DCI has made made this more difficult over the years and I am cool with that.