Those unhappy with narration, woodwinds, et al...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHH!

Here is a clip for you:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aISqoUskxIU&amp...ted&search=

Seriously, I am really having a hard time with how all this is good for drum corps. It's going to make me want to scratch my eyeballs out more than narration.

That's cool, but I'm pretty sure the music I posted is a lot better.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's cool, but I'm pretty sure the music I posted is a lot better.

The Wersi Bass Synthesizer is cool.

IMO, the Wersi Bass Synthesizer + drum corps is most definitely not cool. In fact, it could be even worse than narration.

I'm sorry, but I just cannot buy it. At least not right now. Maybe I'm a curmudgeon at 36, but this is not drum corps to me.

The Wersi Bass Synthesizer is cool.

IMO, the Wersi Bass Synthesizer + drum corps is most definitely not cool. In fact, it could be even worse than narration.

I'm sorry, but I just cannot buy it. At least not right now. Maybe I'm a curmudgeon at 36, but this is not drum corps to me.

Neither was contemporary ballet vocabulary

Or Bb horns (apparently)

Or members who knew how to read music

All this at some point was considered "not drum corps" to someone. People also used to think the world was flat. Let's just open our minds a bit and let people (the corps) do what they want.

Or Bb horns (apparently)

All this at some point was considered "not drum corps" to someone. People also used to think the world was flat. Let's just open our minds a bit and let people (the corps) do what they want.

I'm all for members knowing how to read music. However, letting the corps do what they want potentially leaves the audience out of the equation. I am not against change. However, like has been said umpteen times before, is this good change or change for the sake of change?

Who said that that's what the synths would be used for? Hate to break it to you, but I think they can come up with a lot better ideas than your speculations.

*Ahem* You did. I distinctly remember you saying in a post that it would be stupid to get a violinist for a drum corps and to use a synthesized violin instead.

Your words, not mine.

Open mind =/= Liking every new idea. Hate to break it to you.

Or Bb horns (apparently)

Your post has problems on so many levels.

1. What you're really saying is that if we don't agree with you, we're just close-minded.

2. No one is stopping the corps from doing whatever they want. If you were open-minded ( :) ), you'd see that corps can do as they wish simply by performing somewhere other than the DCI contest field.

3. For that matter, DCI is free to change as well. And the rest of us are free to point out the pros and cons of proposed changes (like the loss of our support), just in case DCI decides that fan $upport is relevant.

4. Just because people disagree on precisely where to draw the line, you want there to be no line at all. That tactic is getting old. Is it still soccer if we let everyone use their hands? If we change the round ball to an oblong pigskin? Replace the goals with end zones? Let opposing players tackle each other? At what point amid those changes does European football become American football? And if we can't agree on where to draw that line, should we erase the line and change one to the other? Of course not - but that's what you ask of us when promoting the concept of drum corps becoming marching band.

Your post has problems on so many levels.

1. What you're really saying is that if we don't agree with you, we're just close-minded.

2. No one is stopping the corps from doing whatever they want. If you were open-minded ( :) ), you'd see that corps can do as they wish simply by performing somewhere other than the DCI contest field.

3. For that matter, DCI is free to change as well. And the rest of us are free to point out the pros and cons of proposed changes (like the loss of our support), just in case DCI decides that fan $upport is relevant.

4. Just because people disagree on precisely where to draw the line, you want there to be no line at all. That tactic is getting old. Is it still soccer if we let everyone use their hands? If we change the round ball to an oblong pigskin? Replace the goals with end zones? Let opposing players tackle each other? At what point amid those changes does European football become American football? And if we can't agree on where to draw that line, should we erase the line and change one to the other? Of course not - but that's what you ask of us when promoting the concept of drum corps becoming marching band.

Drum corps is not a sport

Next

That is entirely untrue. You can do something about it. Sending a comment to DCI is just the beginning. Don't take yourself out of the game in the 2nd quarter ;)
Well I never really gave up I just had to take a break for a few day's because Mike was drivin me a little nut's ! And I already sent my complaint in to DCI about the WW topic and it wasn't a nasty one and I never recieved a reply ? What a bunch of arrogant and pompus creature's they are w/Stp: .

*Ahem* You did. I distinctly remember you saying in a post that it would be stupid to get a violinist for a drum corps and to use a synthesized violin instead.

Your words, not mine.

That's completely different. You have brass players interested in doing drum corps, you can use that sound to your advantage. String players are too busy auditioning for NEC, they don't have time for drum corps. If a corps COULD get their hands on a string quartet though and mic them, possibly do some Gorecki or Mozart quartets, well then my friend, you've got some good #### on your hands. Or better yet!!!

511X8HX02JL._AA240_.jpg

http://www.gavinbryars.com/Pages/titanic_point.html

The Sinking of the Titanic by Gavin Bryars. If you're not familiar, go to the link above.

Open mind =/= Liking every new idea. Hate to break it to you.

Yes, but being receptive of such ideas and being willing to give them chances is a part of being open minded. Renouncing something before even hearing it is an example of ignorance. All music is beautiful in its own way, people on this board are too busy worrying about the stuff they DON'T like, why not try to like as much of it as you can.