Cadets 08

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha...if they put American Elegy on the field, can a James Swearingen show be far behind? :P

I know, what the heck is wrong with some people. There is good band music you know, tons of it. It's just not called Vesuvius...

Don't forget Michael Sweeney too...

Edited by Einstein On The Beach

http://www.manhattanbeachmusiconline.com/f...p3_ticheli.html

Listen to Radiant Voices, much better than his educational middle/high school band works (well yeah..) It's actually quite refreshing to hear him in this setting. Hopefully Hopkins looks at this stuff. Smart people on that staff though, I'm sure they know better than to program American Elegy and Portrait of a Clown (oh band music..)

hmmmm, cant say after listening to that stuff that I see much potential. Music seems overly derivative.

IN MY OPINION (that means this is what i think, and if you disagree, that's really cool. i'd love to hear your opinions too, but i'm not going to tell you you're stupid because they're different than mine) the only way i could even imagine american elegy on a football field is possibly throw in the trumpet solo as a backfield solo to be used to transition into the ballad. probably not the whole solo, or else you might as well make the piece your ballad. maybe? i don't know, just throwing the idea out there.

First off, I would like to congratulate you on having a firm grip of the obvious. Go you.

Secondly, I could have sworn that tripe that was "narration" I heard last year was worse than anything I have written...IMHO.

How about this: Jay Bocook, Tom Aungst, George Hopkins. So, you tell me...in that group, who's the weak sister?

That warrants him being labeled as having no talent?