Audition reports

TrishDish1002

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From sitao.org...

bullseye-1.jpg

It’s often said “classics are ‘classic’ for a reason”. The 6th movement of Ernesto Lecuona’s Suite Andalucia, better known as Malagueña, has become a classic in pop music, film, and outdoor pageantry. Sitao Winterguard’s production Bullseye draws on both familiar and unfamiliar versions of the piece to create a musical tapestry which is both surprising and satisfying. Against this musical fabric the 17 member cast will bring to life the quintessential Spanish cultural event: El Toreo (the bullfight). From costuming and set design to choreography and staging, once again Joe Heineger has designed a masterful production for Brian Ward (principal instructor) and the rest of the Sitao staff to bring to life for the 2008 season.

Sitao Winterguard will be competing this year in the Independent Open Class after finishing sixth in the 2007 IA Class finals in only their second year of WGI competition (and fourth year in existence!). Sitao competes locally in the TIA circuit. They will be attending WGI Regionals in Pittsburgh, Trumbull, and South Brunswick as well as the World Championships in Dayton. For more about Sitao visit our website at www.sitao.org.

With all the music and possible themes/ideas that exist out there, I'm just a little under-whelmed. Yes, groups can take previous music and themes and put their own spin on them, but I really look for programs to step outside the box in this activity and find new music and new themes with new ideas. . .it's how we as an activity evolve.

indeed! :rolleyes:

center grove world is presenting the song "stay gold" famous johnny amos will write the choreography.

here's an update,i have learned that the talented choreographer jennifer house has returned to the center grove staff[recall the hauntingly beautiful "a thousand words",2005?] and will no doubt add her unique and lyrical qualities to their program.

Edited by dugg

Here's another update, with all of the show press releases being posted on WGI, 2008 has officially become WGI presents the classics. . . .I can't even keep up with all the classical pieces that guards are doing! holy mutha!

If groups aren't doing a classical piece, chances are they doing a re-hash of a classic show/piece of music! hehehehe

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

I saw Kings High School this past weekend - a fresh take on Dust in the Wind. Gorgeous, subtle, powerful. The ladies have been given an excellent production and are delivering it with grace and ease. *As a side note, they are also being resourceful - reusing the props from 2002s Martha Graham show. Works very well for this show too!*

*As a side note, they are also being resourceful - reusing the props from 2002s Martha Graham show. Works very well for this show too!*

Do they get bonus points for being green? Seems like WGI is big on green music and show concepts this year. You know, "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle."

Edited by Jak