Audition reports

TrishDish1002

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know about Phantom is that they are using BIG butterfly wings in the show.

huh,"it takes time"......perhaps a commentary on the time it takes for a butterfly to emerge from it's chrysalis,....the time it takes for humans to evolve into mature adults or could it be the time it takes for a guard to develope and "grow" it show to it's georgous conclusion.......maybe it's all of those things........or none at all?

sounds very interesting and i can't wait to see those wings!

Edited by dugg

From WGI.ORG:

"Metamorphosis, change, evolution, and variation through time will provide the foundation for the Phantom Regiment's 2008 program. The butterfly becomes the metaphor and connection for their production entitled "It Takes Time." The twenty-eight men and women of the color guard will depict the beauty, energy, and drive of Michael Torke's Saxophone Concerto, movement #3.

The staff is excited to create and explore the endless possibilities within the concept as it relates to "change" within staging, equipment, and movement options. Color, shape, and line will help to define the metamorphosis that will take place within the program. The performers will evolve through costuming, staging, and choreography to bring the show alive. Change does take time and within that time, beautiful things emerge!

The Phantom Regiment Winter Guard is pleased to perform their program at the Nashville Regional, Atlanta Regional, and South Power Regional in Tampa, Florida on their way to Dayton, Ohio for the WGI World Championships. "

No, I'm not implying. . .I'm stating it as fact. Avon's show was more innovative than any of those shows you mentioned. Sorry. . .break out some tissue, write something defamatory, I don't really care. . .you're not changing my mind. And in time, you'll see I was right. I tried to be respectful, but if you want to get down and dirty and really start digging into this, I'm game. . .but be prepared to hear some really harsh things about the programs you LOVE to defend.

Things that are boring and tiresome will get called as such, because that's how I view it and it's my opinion. . and that goes from programs I have loved or been affiliated with in years past. It is what it is and if we aren't able to look at it honestly, then we really won't evolve as an activity. I can assure you that the programs I have worked with previously and/or currently have stepped it up. Life's too short to keep doing the same thing over and over.

Again, the devil is in the details, I have never once said anything about the kids, it's all been about what the design staff is creating to give to them.

Being innovative is being or producing something like nothing done ore experienced or created before. Was Avon innovative? Some would say yes and some would say no. Was Dante's Inferno (Northmont 1997) innovative enough for you because you haven't mentioned them.

The guards that we LOVE to defend are successful by your own definition (inherently strong, hard working, innovative, passionate about what they are doing AND has a great staff with great kids to match) dispite your opinion of their shows as boring,tiresome, in a rut, etc. The judges must be seeing something that you don't. You've already condemned Flanagan and Shen without actually seeing their shows this year so your reviews won't be a surprise. Going into the season with a pre-conceived idea about what you're going to see is unfair to the performers and guard directors ..... not that any of them care about what you or anyone else thinks ..... and rightly so. If they put in their best performance or show and you happen to think it's tiresome or boring .... so be it ..... unless you're a judge. The season is just unfolding ... there are new performers, new diectors, new choreographers ... let's see what they've got before we judge them.

From WGI.ORG:

"Metamorphosis, change, evolution, and variation through time will provide the foundation for the Phantom Regiment's 2008 program. The butterfly becomes the metaphor and connection for their production entitled "It Takes Time." The twenty-eight men and women of the color guard will depict the beauty, energy, and drive of Michael Torke's Saxophone Concerto, movement #3.

The staff is excited to create and explore the endless possibilities within the concept as it relates to "change" within staging, equipment, and movement options. Color, shape, and line will help to define the metamorphosis that will take place within the program. The performers will evolve through costuming, staging, and choreography to bring the show alive. Change does take time and within that time, beautiful things emerge!

The Phantom Regiment Winter Guard is pleased to perform their program at the Nashville Regional, Atlanta Regional, and South Power Regional in Tampa, Florida on their way to Dayton, Ohio for the WGI World Championships. "

thanks for this,i hadn't read this prior to my posting.appreciate the info!

Edited by dugg

Can't wait to see Mt. Juliet from Tennessee!! Anyone know how they are doing??

i have learned that they will present a show titled "ladies on the lawn" portraying aristocratic ladies at a croquet party.set design includes oversized wickets and balls with a voice-over by none other than color guard royalty k.c. perkins!

Edited by dugg

Being innovative is being or producing something like nothing done ore experienced or created before. Was Avon innovative? Some would say yes and some would say no. Was Dante's Inferno (Northmont 1997) innovative enough for you because you haven't mentioned them.

The guards that we LOVE to defend are successful by your own definition (inherently strong, hard working, innovative, passionate about what they are doing AND has a great staff with great kids to match) dispite your opinion of their shows as boring,tiresome, in a rut, etc. The judges must be seeing something that you don't. You've already condemned Flanagan and Shen without actually seeing their shows this year so your reviews won't be a surprise. Going into the season with a pre-conceived idea about what you're going to see is unfair to the performers and guard directors ..... not that any of them care about what you or anyone else thinks ..... and rightly so. If they put in their best performance or show and you happen to think it's tiresome or boring .... so be it ..... unless you're a judge. The season is just unfolding ... there are new performers, new diectors, new choreographers ... let's see what they've got before we judge them.

And the hilarity continues. . .I thought the issue was dead, but since it's not, let's break down your post. Oh wait. . .before we do, I went back and read all your posts, seems you're affiliated with the Flanagan program and have/had a kid in the program, so: Can you really be objective? Seems there was a post of yours saying Flanagan was robbed and should have placed ahead of Arcadia. . . Hmmmm, I wonder how all those fine ladies of Arcadia feel? All that hard work and passion they put into their program only to rob it away from Flanagan. Seems kinda like you condemned them.. . . Alas, I digress. If you don't care to read about what I write or my take on things throughout the season, then feel free to pass them by (I won't be hurt), but I bet more rather than not end up reading them. Hope you're ready for the truth? Oh, I also love the assumption that I can't go into a performance with an open mind, I always do.

Having a open discussion about a groups formula approach to shows as opposed to evaluating what I see in the moment are on opposite sides of the spectrum. I do know how to distinguish between the two. . .

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Tim Vaughn is still the director of Mt. Juliet. I believe Melissa Mason is still on staff there also (?)