Audition reports

TrishDish1002

. . . .super excited to see the SAC design staff at Miamisburg

2008 will mark Miamisburg High School's 25th appearance at the WGI World Championships. Few programs (in any class) can match Miamisburg for its continuous high level of success over so many years. For the upcoming season, this highly recognized, iconic WGI unit presents a program entitled, Tintinnabulation which is defined as the sound of a bell ringing; the distinctive ring of the church bell. The guard will dive back into its classical roots and present the music of Tchaikovsky's ever familiar 1812 Overture which premiered in 1882 at the consecration of a church in Moscow .

The floor will be a beautifully printed mosaic pattern shaded in earth tones, while the costume is a contemporary look with browns and terra cotta. Look for the actual bells and bell towers around and on the floor.

Miamisburg is pleased to have Ed Devlin and Fred Marier on the design front with Jim Olson and all of his technical staff. Ed and Fred are most recognizable with their work at Blessed Sacrament, which along with Miamisburg , is also one of WGI's oldest and most successful groups. Burg Director Jim Olson has this to say, The addition of Ed and Fred have been a true breath of fresh air for the Miamisburg program. Look for Miamisburg at the Pittsburgh and Dayton Regionals, along with the Mid West Power Regional and WGI.

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

word from phantom regiment is that several guard members from carolina crown drum corps have joined in this years production and although not confirmed i've heard the show is inspired by butterflies.

farenheit world class from orlando fl. will use a song by sultry chanteuse alison moyet [formerly of YAZ] sung in french.jack pursiful will stage.

best name of the year goes to......... "usurpation" :tongue: from kokomo in. they will debut in ind.A class with a show titled appropriately "new beginnings" using the music of peguin cafe orchestra and directed by brayton mendenhall.good luck!

yeah, i personally know two people that are marching there from crown ;)

• 2 weeks later...

.....slowly count backwards from 10.....9,8,7...you are getting very sleepy........you will love our show.....you will stand and applaud......box 6,box 6.....

my minions tell me that blessed sac will present a show inspired by hypnotism......perhaps the posthypnotic and already highly suggestible judges will somehow feel compelled to give this group perfect scores! :tongue:

sources also say that schoolastic world class warren central h.s. has scrapped their previous program and moved on to plan b.best wishes,can't wait to see it.

hope to hear some west coast dish soon.

Edited by dugg

Here's a few more nuggets. . . .

Centerville (SW) will present "It's not easy being Green" What I've heard is that the group will be outfitted in green-frog like unis with a floor to look like lily pads. I'm quite excited about this show.

The next 2 shows are keeping with this year's theme of recycled themes and music (it really is an unbelievable phenomenon this year in WGI)

Kings (SO) will present "Dust in the Wind" While, I'm not all that excited about it, I do have to reserve judgement as Kings usually brings us something unique and tends to be more innovating with their shows than most. I'm hoping that is the case again this year.

Interplay (IA) really takes the cake on recycled music....those of you who've been around, please sit down, put on your seat belt and take a deep breath. Interplay will be back in IA this year and performing to. . . .are you ready for it. .. .deep breath. Holly Cole's Trio "I can see clearly now"

It will be nice to see Centerville bring back the charm that made them so special in 2003 and 2004. The last few years have been good shows but lacked that special spark of the previous years.

It will be nice to see Centerville bring back the charm that made them so special in 2003 and 2004. The last few years have been good shows but lacked that special spark of the previous years.

Me too. . .I really think the last couple of years, Centerville was really trying to push themselves stylistically and I think they were succesful at doing that. I know a lot of people that loved last years abstract 9th symphony show. I think that now that they know they can, it's time for a little fun! :-) It's Centerville doing what Centerville does best! I'm sure everything is set, but I'd love to hear Radiohead's "Creep" being covered by Kermit the Frog. . .instead of singing I'm a creep, kermit sing, I am green. I think it might be on YouTube somewhere?!?!? Hint...hint...Cville design staff! :-)

perhaps this belongs on the outdoor boards but i just had to report that the cessario designed samurai costumes for the cavaliers color guard are complete and the reports are very enthusiastic from *the staff.

also avoiding any references to snails or oysters i hear that the male guard members peforming in phantom regiment's summertime sword and sandal blockbuster "spartacus" will appear sans shirts[like all good slaves from central casting]......all i want to know is who's the baby oil caption head,et tu brute? :tongue:

*the staff at benihana. :ph34r:

just kidding people.i hear they are very,very cool!

now go out and brush up on the films of akira kurosawa!

Edited by dugg

getting back on track....

pride of cincinnatti has announced thier 2008 program "bridge over troubled water" with soundtrack by roberta flack.demonstrating pilobolus inspired dance movements and wearing simple but chic costumes in earthy terra cotta clay tones at times contrasted against a representational flowing piece of azure blue fabric held aloft.

maybe i've said to much however i imagine this show will end up being an emotional tour de force and something the fans will truly enjoy.

Edited by dugg

Lincolway did do a frog show in 1997. The did not make finals though. The show was really cute and had some great movement choreography. If I remember correctly what hurt them that year was weak equipment skills.