If Spartans or Jersey Surf go Division I/World Class

Where would Spartans and Jersey Surf place?  

208 members have voted

1. 1. For Spartans

• 10-12
    • 12-14
    • 14-17
    • Below 17 - not in semis
  2. 2. For Jersey Surf

• 10-12
    • 12-14
    • 14-17
    • Below 17 - not in semis

So with rumors flying around about Spartans and or Jersey Surf possibly trying for Division I...or World Class as I guess it will now be called...where do you think they will place if it happens? I always love seeing how corps who move up in class do and usually they are the corps I find myself most fascinated by so i thought I would start a thread on this year's hopefuls. Vote your answer in the poll and post your thoughts.

I'm going to say 14-17 for both. As much as I would love to see a corps straight out of Open Class make World Class finals their very first year, I think Academy and Blue Stars have both proved that it's nearly impossible. Though we can never forget Magic 02 now can we?

Edited by dsb2007

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm always curious about corps that move up....Cascades were amazing the first year, and feel like they lost a little fire. Academy and Blue Stars seem to be pretty solid....which makes me wonder why Esperanza never made semis.

I do think it would be great if they went to World Class though.

I'm a little bit skeptical of either Surf or Spartans making semifinals. Of the top 17, who would be ousted?

You would have thought the same thing about Academy last year (and some did) or Blue Stars in 06 (and some did). Yet they both made it. These two corps are easily comparable to those two corps. If you want to see what I mean, order the Open Class (I'm going to call it that from now on BTW) DVDs from 07.

Though I see your point too. It's getting kind of crowded. I DO think Pacific Crest could easily be taken out by at least one of these two corps pretty easily. As for anyone else getting ousted, it would be a shot in the dark....but still possible I think.

If Surf goes World...12th. They have pretty horns!

Surf has a beastly visual staff. They could give some top 12 corps a run for their money from that perspective.

Hell, I'm pretty sure that this past year they were cleaner than we were by the end of the season. Then again, our show was a lot harder than theirs was, but they outperformed us.... which isn't hard.

And Spartans will never go Div 1. Unless they were forced to.

Edited by TSRTS13

Surf has a beastly visual staff. They could give some top 12 corps a run for their money from that perspective.

Hell, I'm pretty sure that this past year they were cleaner than we were by the end of the season. Then again, our show was a lot harder than theirs was, but they outperformed us.... which isn't hard.

And Spartans will never go Div 1. Unless they were forced to.

I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that they applied for Div I.

And please, please tell me that the millionaire part of your signature is a joke and didn't really happen...please.

Edited by marimbaman89