Anime/J-Pop soundtracks and drum corps...

bawker

Yeah, I know Yoko Kanno is a goddess among men in this category, but aside from "Tank!" (thanks , Blue Stars!), there's a ton of stuff that could work for drum corps.

-"Rush", the next tune on the Cowboy Bebop OST after "Tank!", is another great tune that a junior corps could tackle, as is "The Real Folk Blues" (the ending song to each episode of the series).

-I am firmly convinced that the theme to "Dragon Ball" could work now, as evidenced by this link. Tell me that this chart couldn't work for Madison. :)

-There's a lot from the mid 90's "Macross II" soundtrack that could be good as well.

My knowledge is kind of rudimentary on some of the later anime and J-Pop out in the past few years, but I'm sure someone out there can edu-ma-cate the rest of us.

Has anyone heard the orchestrated versions of the Legend of Zelda music? A lot of it's on youtube, and I think that would be awesome!

Also the music of kingdom hearts

You could base a show off of Evangelion alone!

X-Japan FTW.

Yes, they did contribute to the anime "X"

Scouts did "Lupon" in 98 for their opener. Does that count?

Garry in Vegas

Scouts did "Lupon" in 98 for their opener. Does that count?

Garry in Vegas

Yeah, but they spelled his name wrong in the program, it's "Lupin"

Well, yeah, but video games are for geeks, and drum corps is for... oops, my bad. Go ahead and do it.

Yeah, I know Yoko Kanno is a goddess among men in this category, but aside from "Tank!" (thanks , Blue Stars!), there's a ton of stuff that could work for drum corps.

-"Rush", the next tune on the Cowboy Bebop OST after "Tank!", is another great tune that a junior corps could tackle, as is "The Real Folk Blues" (the ending song to each episode of the series).

-I am firmly convinced that the theme to "Dragon Ball" could work now, as evidenced by this link. Tell me that this chart couldn't work for Madison. :)

-There's a lot from the mid 90's "Macross II" soundtrack that could be good as well.

My knowledge is kind of rudimentary on some of the later anime and J-Pop out in the past few years, but I'm sure someone out there can edu-ma-cate the rest of us.