Should vets pay lower corps fees than rookies?

Madison did have a sliding fee scale based on years marched. It was the policy in the mid-1990's. I don't know how many years before or after that the policy was in effect. Someone else may know the years and what the current practice is.

That was gotten rid of in 2003. I know Jesse Cook, one of the lead sops and march for forever, only paid like $50 in 2002, but come 2003 had to pay whatever it was then. 1500? I dunno.

But, Jeff Spanos and crew have brought it back, and its even shown on the website how much you pay for however many years you march.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have nothing to add except that I agree with what everyone has already said before me.

"Veterans Preferance":

Bump.

Elphaba

That was gotten rid of in 2003. I know Jesse Cook, one of the lead sops and march for forever, only paid like $50 in 2002, but come 2003 had to pay whatever it was then. 1500? I dunno.

But, Jeff Spanos and crew have brought it back, and its even shown on the website how much you pay for however many years you march.

Clarification on that.

In 03..dues were a little over $950...soo cheap, compared to now.

The declining vet fee was brought back in 2005, I remember being stoked about paying 200 bucks less since I was a 3yr member.

Our system was a little different but I thought it was great. Each year you marched your salary for marching went up by 10%.....oh wait that was all funny rumors that circulated :ph34r: just kidding

I do think vets should get a break on their dues for all the reasons stated above. Vets are what make the difference in a corp being good or being great. It does not matter how good a player and marcher someone is and even if they came with corps experience it takes some time to adapt to a new system. It is much the same for athletes going into a new system.

SO why not encourage and reward members to come back.

JMO

According to the website, Madison's dues for 2008 are:

1st year - 2000

2nd year - 1800

3rd year - 1600

4th year - 1550

5th year - 1500

6th year - 1450

7th year - 1400

http://www.madisonscouts.org/Audition%20FAQs.html

I saw first year for madison was $2000 and thought that was high. But I checked out the website and that covers everything but getting there.

I hate it when other corps aren't up front with all the costs. Your dues might be $1300 but you have this fee and that fee. Come on, give it to me straight.

Go Madison!

edited for clarification & spelling

Edited by McPound

yeah...as years marched and time/money put into the corps increases, it makes sense for these sacrifces to be accounted for, relatively to the rookies marching their first season.

Edited by Jared_mello

Our system was a little different but I thought it was great. Each year you marched your salary for marching went up by 10%.....oh wait that was all funny rumors that circulated :rolleyes: just kidding

hahaha

Well this turned into a wash :P not one person on the other side.