CABALLEROS ALUMNI CORPS TO HOLD 1st PRACTICE FOR THE 2008 SEASON

The 2008 season will represent the 14th year of providing exciting “classic style” Drum Corps entertainment by the Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni Drum & Bugle Corps. On Sunday, October 14th, we will be holding our initial practice of the new season from noon to 5PM at American Legion Post #199 in Hawthorne, NJ.

On that day, we will begin work on our new opener, the original composition “Pictures of Spain”, by Larry Kerchner, who wrote it for the Muchachos in 1974 and was played by them in both 1974 and 1975. Larry said recently, “I’m excited at the prospect of teaching ‘Pictures of Spain’ to this amazing Caballero Alumni Corps, and hope that there are many former Muchachos and Muchachos fans out there who will enjoy hearing it again — maybe even some who would enjoy playing it again!”

If you’ve been thinking about getting back on the field, there’s no better time to do it. Without question, 2008 is going to be a banner year for the Cabs Alumni, and we hope to see many new faces on October 14th.

A Mello players delight!

Looking forward to hearing it!

A Mello players delight!

Looking forward to hearing it!

HMMMM-I would love to stop over and listen in!

Edited by Contra Joe

The 2008 season will represent the 14th year of providing exciting “classic style” Drum Corps entertainment by the Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni Drum & Bugle Corps. On Sunday, October 14th, we will be holding our initial practice of the new season from noon to 5PM at American Legion Post #199 in Hawthorne, NJ.

On that day, we will begin work on our new opener, the original composition “Pictures of Spain”, by Larry Kerchner, who wrote it for the Muchachos in 1974 and was played by them in both 1974 and 1975. Larry said recently, “I’m excited at the prospect of teaching ‘Pictures of Spain’ to this amazing Caballero Alumni Corps, and hope that there are many former Muchachos and Muchachos fans out there who will enjoy hearing it again — maybe even some who would enjoy playing it again!”

If you’ve been thinking about getting back on the field, there’s no better time to do it. Without question, 2008 is going to be a banner year for the Cabs Alumni, and we hope to see many new faces on October 14th.

I couldn't have said that any better, even if I was PAID to say it!! If 2008 is anything like last year, this REALLY will be a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, last year's Opener, "Macarena" supposedly is being moved to Concert. We're going to be challened again by Mr. "K", this time to finally play it at 160, where last year he wanted us to play it on the field while moving!!! :huh: This Cabs Contrablaster is ready to go!!! ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^ Question: Will 2008 be the 14th or 15th Cabs Alumni Corps season??? :wub:

I couldn't have said that any better, even if I was PAID to say it!! If 2008 is anything like last year, this REALLY will be a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, last year's Opener, "Macarena" supposedly is being moved to Concert. We're going to be challened again by Mr. "K", this time to finally play it at 160, where last year he wanted us to play it on the field while moving!!! :rolleyes: This Cabs Contrablaster is ready to go!!! ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^ Question: Will 2008 be the 14th or 15th Cabs Alumni Corps season??? :huh:

"Time Flies":

It will be number 14. 1995 was the "Innaugural" season for the Caballeros Alumni corps.

"Happy Birthday".... :doh:

Elphaba

Yes, 2008 will be our 14th season of performing. It should be noted, though, that the corps' very first organizational meeting was March 24, 1994. Rehearsals began about a month after that.

Our very first public appearance was Saturday, April 1, 1995 (no April Fool jokes!) at the G.A.S. reunion hosted by the Caballeros at Post 199. Our first appearance at a show outside of Hawthorne was Archie's 'Brass Reunion,' on Saturday April 8, 1995 at Haverford H.S.

As Elphaba said, "Time Flies," and boy, have we come a long way since those humble beginnings. Sadly, there aren't many of us left still marching from those early days,