The Cavaliers 2008

2006 we were back in the realm of the original -- Machine. Maybe you couldn't quite hum the tunes, but the movement was great, no? The execution spot on.

Actually, i hum the 2006 music with no problem..maybe i just listen to it too much.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was inspiration. In a lot of ways, so was the Cavies 00 show...variations on motifs and themes of Cindy McTee and Micahel Daugherty, among others. Great stuff. I really love how Saucedo arranges.

Hear, hear. And from your earlier post, I understand your point even better. Perhaps going with "their" composer every year makes you wish for more variety in the Cavaliers' music, but it does lend them an identifiable style. Nice to have that consistency in drum corps -- something that is often decried as lacking. As for exhausting the music out there, you're right, it can't be exhausted -- there are always more catalogs to draw from that haven't been tried. So, OK, I'd love to see that being done more, too. But what about utilizing the same composer/arranger year after year -- what other corps in the activity have their characteristic sound, sound that maybe could follow your argument too, and need updating?

Maybe a composer swap every other year? :tongue:

I really like the Cavaliers. I think they're good, and I have plenty of valid reasons for thinking so.

If you disagree, that's fine. It's just marching band. Who cares?

Have a great Sunday!