Open Class Auditions

FEVER! I can't wait to go back - this season was awesome!

Yeah!

I'm not the only Fever auditionee on DCP! lol

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be volunteering at Memphis Sound Nov. 30-Dec. 2!!!

As it is now November and the push is on to practice, polish audition pieces where needed, finalize the details that will get you to audition camp or open house, get yourselves mentally ready to show them all what you have to offer,

I want to wish each and everyone of you the best of luck ...

may you make your drum corps dreams come true ...

... and thank you for chosing to march.

Hope to see all of you somewhere on the field next summer.

May you and your corps have a great run!

... I am just a member of the old guard.

Guest Myusik4Jakassez
hey i plan to audition for raiders(drumline- bass drum) next year do u have any suggestion or wat should i do before audition

Yeah, here's what you should do: practice, practice, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, and PRACTICE!!!!! I auditioned on bass drum at the '07 open house (I immediately switched to baritone midway through the day, but that's not the point), and I can tell you at LEAST five times as many people as there are open spots will audition for the drumline. When they don't make it on snare or tenors they're going to go for bass, no question about that. You can't just be good, you have to be the BEST!!! I'm pretty sure that goes for just about any drumline in DCI.

hey i plan to audition for raiders(drumline- bass drum) next year do u have any suggestion or wat should i do before audition

You should come out this year!

Yeah, here's what you should do: practice, practice, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, and PRACTICE!!!!! I auditioned on bass drum at the '07 open house (I immediately switched to baritone midway through the day, but that's not the point), and I can tell you at LEAST five times as many people as there are open spots will audition for the drumline. When they don't make it on snare or tenors they're going to go for bass, no question about that. You can't just be good, you have to be the BEST!!! I'm pretty sure that goes for just about any drumline in DCI.

oh #### lol wait how old r u?? and r u planning to go to raider next year again

and do u know wat i should practice for bass cuz like theres nothing on the raiders website

thank you =]

oh lol ok

do u have any music or exercises from last year that i can prepare?

If you register on the website, you should receive an email and the exercises. Tommy (director) said that they were having some problems with the database or something and I don't know if they've been fixed, so if you don't receive audition material/an email when you register, just PM Tommy on the forums. His username is tnmaiello. I don't personally have any exercises because I was always in the pit, and I never auditioned for the drumline. But if you register and PM Tom, things should be taken care of. If you've already registered, do it again anyway just in case they somehow didn't get your information.

As for suggestions, I don't really know how the battery auditions are handled, but I would just go having all your music memorized. It's good to talk/socialize with the other members, just don't talk about your high school marching band, or wanting to march another corps, etc. Not that it would kill you, but those are just some general audition tips for every drum corps. Hope this helps!

If you register on the website, you should receive an email and the exercises. Tommy (director) said that they were having some problems with the database or something and I don't know if they've been fixed, so if you don't receive audition material/an email when you register, just PM Tommy on the forums. His username is tnmaiello. I don't personally have any exercises because I was always in the pit, and I never auditioned for the drumline. But if you register and PM Tom, things should be taken care of. If you've already registered, do it again anyway just in case they somehow didn't get your information.

As for suggestions, I don't really know how the battery auditions are handled, but I would just go having all your music memorized. It's good to talk/socialize with the other members, just don't talk about your high school marching band, or wanting to march another corps, etc. Not that it would kill you, but those are just some general audition tips for every drum corps. Hope this helps!

oh ok thank you =]