Open Class(DII/III) questions

Maybe Michigan City should be the permanent host... D2 an 3 NCAA football has their title games at a small, preselected stadium every year... I'd be very interested to see something like Friday/Saturday night for quarters/semis in Michigan City, and then a Wednesday night Finals...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple this with DCI not being able to rent Lucas Stadium from Sunday to the following Saturday.

Well, your point is good, and I'll admit I don't know all the logistics here. HOWEVER, renting Lucas for three additional days would be a MAJOR blow to the bottom line. And if you divided the cost by the number of people who would show up EARLIER in the week, I can't even imagine what that cost would be per fan in the stands. Anyone care to guess?

Maybe Michigan City should be the permanent host... D2 an 3 NCAA football has their title games at a small, preselected stadium every year... I'd be very interested to see something like Friday/Saturday night for quarters/semis in Michigan City, and then a Wednesday night Finals...

My personal problem with that is the earlier all the Open Class events are moved forward, the less chance of getting more people there to see them in Indy. And Wednesday night Open Class Finals would preclude lots of members from participating in I&E as it's currently set up, (and Wednesday seems like the best time for I&E).

But I'm still VERY hip on the Michigan City site for Quarterfinals. And if anyone sleeps over on my floor, (for those who haven't seen my earlier postings, I live ten miles from Michigan City), they've got to buy pizza.

My personal problem with that is the earlier all the Open Class events are moved forward, the less chance of getting more people there to see them in Indy. And Wednesday night Open Class Finals would preclude lots of members from participating in I&E as it's currently set up, (and Wednesday seems like the best time for I&E).

But I'm still VERY hip on the Michigan City site for Quarterfinals. And if anyone sleeps over on my floor, (for those who haven't seen my earlier postings, I live ten miles from Michigan City), they've got to buy pizza.

Pizza Orgasmica....MidWest edition!!!!