Which 2007 APD do you listen to the most, and why?...

2007 Pasadena APDs  

265 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2007 Division 1 corps' APD do you listen to the most?

• Blue Devils
    • The Cadets
    • The Cavaliers
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Carolina Crown
    • Bluecoats
    • Blue Knights
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Colts
    • Glassmen
    • Spirit from JSU
    • The Academy
    • Blue Stars
    • Madison Scouts
    • Crossmen
    • Pacific Crest
    • Seattle Cascades
    • Southwind
    • Troopers
    • Mandarins
    • Pioneer
  2. 2. Why do you listen to that the most? (Pick the ONE main reason)

• I was in it
    • I know someone who was in it, but I wasn't in it
    • I am a huge fan of the corps
    • This was my favorite performance of the year
    • They had a particular piece in their repetoire that I love
    • This was the most well-performed performance of the year in my opinion
    • Other (preferably explain)

Haha, you're the only one bit chin and moaning about my posts. I've come to terms with people disagreeing with the numbers. No reason I can't throw my two cents in. Most of the people in this thread thought the Cadets or Blue Coats should have taken the brass title anyway so stop acting like you're alone in this. Now get off your high horse Mr. Credentialed and let me defend what I worked for all summer. :P.

Since when does disagreeing with someone turn into bit ching and moaning? Also, I am positive I pointed out myself (on more than one occasion) that many people felt Cadets or Coats should have won the brass title. But, thanks for helping reinforce my point.

As far as my own credentials, I never once said or implied that my opinion mattered more than the judges, or that I was qualified.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a brass performance degree has absolutely nothing to do with someone being qualified. I have handfuls of friends and colleagues that have performance degrees, even DMAs, and while they might be able to appreciate great sounding hornlines, they most definately wouldn't know the first thing about who to put 1st through 7th. And that is because...

...There is ALOT more to brass judging than sitting back and listening to the whole hornline play (degree or no degree). Judges must take into account the simultaneous responsibilities of the performers, as well as run around and sample individuals throughout the show (none of us know what the judge(s) heard down on the field from the individuals at any given moment.)

I'd be saying the same thing if Cadets, BC, Cavies, or whoever had won brass. The brass judges are very well trained and highly qualified. We all may have beefs with who they choose, but they (they judges) certainly know what they're doing by finals week...and yes, I do believe they are more qualified than just about anybody on here or in the stands.

Notice that I said brass performance degrees AND drum corps marching experience. Of course I don't think just anyone with a brass performance degree is qualified to judge DCI brasslines, nor is that what I said.

Since when does disagreeing with someone turn into bit ching and moaning? Also, I am positive I pointed out myself (on more than one occasion) that many people felt Cadets or Coats should have won the brass title. But, thanks for helping reinforce my point.

As far as my own credentials, I never once said or implied that my opinion mattered more than the judges, or that I was qualified.

For the sake of this thread I'm going to stop arguing with you, (edit)... I was told once that when you write something when you're upset, you should wait a day before showing the person you're writing it to. You'll probably change you're mind.

Edited by ingenious

For the sake of this thread I'm going to stop arguing with you, but man you are full of it.

:)

Thanks.

Ingenious, you're really not representing your corps well. We all know how hard you worked for the brass title, but there's no use defending it on DCP... you aren't going to change anyones opinion.

are you serious? he just said he was going to stop arguing.

This always happens with threads like this. Just part of it. If any other ensemble had won brass, say the Cadets, you'd be hearing people saying BD, the Coats, or Regiment should've won it.

Personally, I'm just glad there were so many excellent brass performances this year. Hasn't been the case, IMO, for the past 4 or 5 years where it was just 1 or 2 corps with spectacular hornlines.