Almost new Kanstal Contra Grande in G for sale

craigkdean

This Kanstul Kontra was purchased new in April 2007 :) and was used to perform with the Kingsmen Alumni Corps in Pasedena's Rose Bowl, DCI semi-finals. :) The horn is in perfect condition. :) I have 3 mouth pieces, 12, 18, 24. It comes with a case and custom made blanket to put it to bed. I also have a portable dolly to cart it around. I paid a little over $8000. :( Asking $6500. You pay for shipping or pick up from Lakewood, Ca. Ph. 562-413-6069.

This post was buried around page 7...... Just sayin' :ninja:

I know of this horn and it is a beauty. Craig, you and your horn would be welcome in the Renegades. It got a small taste at Chinese New Year. Let it know what it's like to play with full anger and intent. We will be in Templeton this month. Can you feel the contra case starting to pull to the north. :ninja:

You could donate the horn to CorpsVets and take the full $8000 as a charitable donation write-off!

Actually, the horn would need to be appraised by an "expert", many of which reside within the ranks of drum corps hornlines, especially all-age and alumni. Once that was done and a written, signed statement was received, the horn could be a tax donation to a 501c3. This would be a good way to help out another corps and to get the maximum value for your instrument.

Edited by D. MacKinley Riebesehl

This Kanstul Kontra was purchased new in April 2007 :) and was used to perform with the Kingsmen Alumni Corps in Pasedena's Rose Bowl, DCI semi-finals. :) The horn is in perfect condition. :) I have 3 mouth pieces, 12, 18, 24. It comes with a case and custom made blanket to put it to bed. I also have a portable dolly to cart it around. I paid a little over $8000. :( Asking $6500. You pay for shipping or pick up from Lakewood, Ca. Ph. 562-413-6069.

$6500 does sound like a fair price for that horn used only one season.The problem I have found with trying to sell a contra is that contra players do not expect to pay anywhere close to what the value of the horn is worth.Believe me I have tried.Then there is always the matter of shipping.Even getting a deal on a horn,,the end user never wants to pay $200 bucks to have one shipped.

Best of luck to you.

$6500 does sound like a fair price for that horn used only one season.The problem I have found with trying to sell a contra is that contra players do not expect to pay anywhere close to what the value of the horn is worth.Believe me I have tried.Then there is always the matter of shipping.Even getting a deal on a horn,,the end user never wants to pay $200 bucks to have one shipped.

Best of luck to you.

The worth of an item for sale is what someone is willing to pay for it, not a depreciated percentage of the original purchase price.

The worth of an item for sale is what someone is willing to pay for it, not a depreciated percentage of the original purchase price.

A low price would be nice though. :worthy:

• 4 weeks later...

It's worth what you get the day you sell it. Tough sell for Big Bugles.

IMHO It would be a Snip at $4500 That is the current Fair Market Value.