Do your chances heighten?

When corps have one-day audition camps in different cities, would your chances of getting a callback heighten/lower due to the lesser attendance numbers? Would it be easier to be noticed? Rather than 400+ people at a "home" audition.

When corps have one-day audition camps in different cities, would your chances of getting a callback heighten/lower due to the lesser attendance numbers? Would it be easier to be noticed? Rather than 400+ people at a "home" audition.

I say yes. Not only does it give you the ability to stand out in terms of talent, but the smaller turnout also allows the staff to guage something that most people say is most important, anyway: attitude.

This is an interesting question...and to be honest, I've never auditioned for a corps anywhere except their "home" (read: largest) camp. I imagine that the smaller numbers at the camp does give you more face time with the staff, if nothing else; but ultimately, if you have a bad audition, being at an away camp isn't going to change that...

EDIT: it is important to note that almost no corps make definitive yes-or-no calls at their away camps. Odds are that, no matter how good you are at the away camp, you'll still have to prove yourself amongst the rest of the corps before a final decision is made one way or another.

Edited by HoltonH178

I've seen it swing both ways... a kid I knew auditioned for BD in Texas before the '06 season and got cut... then went to Cadets' home audition and made it (BD was 4th the year before, Cadets were first). But I also know people that have made it at the "away" auditions. So I don't know. The only thing I'd say is that most one-day auditions are merely one-on-one playing/marching opportunities, so the staff doesn't really get to see you in a whole ensemble situation.

I know that The Cavaliers don't make final decisions at "away" camps. And even if you get cut from an away one, you can still attend the "real" one in Dec or Jan, whenever they set the line.

Well, i'm just deciding whether to go to the Indy audition camp over the Charlotte. (I'd preferably go the the Texas one, since i'm in OK. but phantom is the same weekend.) I don't know which to do.