the best ever

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GotRingsSmall.jpg

Nuff Said! ^0^

how gawdy was that. now i think i know an old skyliner that might give you an argument. i have to say though you blew me away with that. i think i like shakos better then sombreros..............just kidding :P

BTW since your a youngun a.l champs didn't get rings.............you got an orange flag, but no rings. i know i got one.

funny though.

Edited by donincardona

allsmall.jpg

Is this better? I know they give flags, and rings have only started with a few DCA corps in the last 12 years or so. I'm just being an a** and promoting my love of Hawthorne. No hard feelings to those in shakos or who are hatless.

Edited by Smglennon

allsmall.jpg

Is this better? I know they give flags, and rings have only started with a few DCA corps in the last 12 years or so. I'm just being an a** and promoting my love of Hawthorne. No hard feelings to those in shakos or who are hatless.

i think it's funny. i love it. very ingeneous. are you a yankees fan also? :P

Rings, flags, gold drums, whatever. Like trophies, they're just symbolic of the real achievement -- the titles. Like it or not, Hawthorne has more than any other -- and missed several more by some of the slimmest of margins.

Best ever? Perhaps. Some may argue otherwise in favor of one corps or another, and I won't get into that, because my bias would show. But you can't dispute the historical record: 16 American Legion National Titles, 9 Drum Corps Associates 'World' Titles, 17 National Dream Titles. They're often described as the 'NY Yankees of senior corps,' so your 'borrowing' the t-shirt idea, Sean, is wryly apropos.

I'm just proud to have been a small part of the history, even during some of the lean years in the 60's. I wouldn't trade it for anything -- and no, we didn't get any rings in the 70's. I do have two very nice World Champion patches that I wear proudly on my Alumni jacket, though: 1970 -- Hawthorne's first DCA title. 1973 -- Hawthorne's third title, and DCA's first-ever undefeated season.

Rings, flags, gold drums, whatever. Like trophies, they're just symbolic of the real achievement -- the titles. Like it or not, Hawthorne has more than any other -- and missed several more by some of the slimmest of margins.

Best ever? Perhaps. Some may argue otherwise in favor of one corps or another, and I won't get into that, because my bias would show. But you can't dispute the historical record: 16 American Legion National Titles, 9 Drum Corps Associates 'World' Titles, 17 National Dream Titles. They're often described as the 'NY Yankees of senior corps,' so your 'borrowing' the t-shirt idea, Sean, is wryly apropos.

I'm just proud to have been a small part of the history, even during some of the lean years in the 60's. I wouldn't trade it for anything -- and no, we didn't get any rings in the 70's. I do have two very nice World Champion patches that I wear proudly on my Alumni jacket, though: 1970 -- Hawthorne's first DCA title. 1973 -- Hawthorne's third title, and DCA's first-ever undefeated season.

yes john a very gawdy past. a truly great corps. i was honored to win the a.l. nats in chicago over the cabs. it really ment somethig to us because it was the cabs. it was sweet. sky was & is my favorite corps next to crusaders but i always respected you guys.....we had some good parties back in the day............especially 72 chicago

Edited by donincardona

The senior show that really blew me away for the first time..... 72 Skyliners! Traffic jam, Lucretia, Elks, John Grass, Dirty Eddie, an incredible drum line, I don't think that I sat down from beginning to end!

Best Sr Corps ever? Gotta stay with Sky!