Kiner was a great player for the Pirates and a HOF'r.

He was fun to listen to with his Kiner-isms:

"All of his saves have come in relief appearances."

"Solo homers usually come with no one on base."

"The Mets have gotten their leadoff batter on only once this inning."

"If Casey Stengel were still alive, he'd be spinning in his grave."

And Lindsey Nelson with those loud sports jackets. Can't recall what Bob Murphy's deal was.

Now Bob Murphy from the Sunrisers was a different story. He had that choir boy tone.

:worthy:

Off-topic... but a "drum corps rooting interest" for all of us drum corps types at the Winter Olympics...

Chris Creveling is competing with the U.S. men's short-track speedskating team at the Olympics.

He's the son of Ross Creveling, the longtime drum major for the Lambertville Volunteers all-age parade and exhibition corps from NJ.

Go Chris!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Not watching a minute. I'm still ###### at the Russians. They should have Jane Fonda over there presenting medals.

Yes, I hold a grudge a looooong time.

Yeah ... OT ... but, what a great broadcast trio with Ralph, Lindsay Nelson and Bob Murhpy ... ya never knew who was doing the play-by-play, the color or the analysis ... watching a Mets game in the early years was like attending a very long Judges Meeting listening to everything that went wrong and hoping for better days ... BTW ... Ralphy boy was ine GREAT home run hitter during his career ... broke the 50+ barrier twice ...

:-)

Used to watch Mets' games at the Oceanside Legion Post (they had color TV, my family didn't at the time).

Like Kiner a bunch.

A full life, 91 years, made the most out of both his playing years and his broadcasting years.

Nothing anyone could say to mess with that.

Condolences to his family and to Mets' fans - all 6 of you.

Sorry folks,

I'll try and post a new feature tomorrow for you! Hugs!

Feeling any better?

Feeling any better?

Finally, yes. Thanx for asking!

Thank God I have a standing freezer.... haven't been shopping in about a month. Finally did a lil yesterday and the day before.

I gotta tell ya, this has been the weirdest. It wasn't exactly a cold (though, it started out that way) and it wasn't the flu... for the past 2 - 3 weeks it's been a nasty sinus infection that was relentless and the pressure has been killer pain. Ugh!

Strange to get this type of thing in the winter. Oh well...

Please Read Before You Post
If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)
If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.
When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.
Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:
The *Guess Who* Mailbox
Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way..
Guess Who # 510 ?

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7454/12410258155_d2a999304f_o.jpg

Hmmm ... could this possibly be a Military Man? ... nice salute!

:-)

Harvey Olderman at a very young age? (I guess I'm showing my age in just remembering Harvey)

Harvey Olderman at a very young age? (I guess I'm showing my age in just remembering Harvey)

If that were Harvey it might have been the original lightning bolt - I mean in the Universe.

Harvey was old enough to be this guy's grandfather - literally.