Well, if it's not Harvey, it leaves me out. Most guys in Reading didn't have many friends that were Hurc's. Back in the '70's drum corps was much different than today, in more ways than one. It would be putting it mildly to say that some hostilities existed between Hurc's & Reading back then. No real blows came to fruition, that I recall, but alot of yelling & "in your face". That's one part of all drum corps that I'm glad has changed. I guess the "street kid mentality" has been replaced by the "bando kids".

Edited by Oldbuc

Well, if it's not Harvey, it leaves me out. Back in the '70's drum corps was much different than today, in more ways than one. It would be putting it mildly to say that some hostilities existed between Hurc's & Reading back then. No real blows came to fruittion, that I recall, but alot of yelling & "in your face". That's one part of all drum corps that I'm glad has changed. I guess the "street kid mentality" has been replaced by the "bando kids".

we had a thing with sky. but for me i never had a problem. but yeah things were very different. but it was fun!!!!

Well, if it's not Harvey, it leaves me out. Most guys in Reading didn't have many friends that were Hurc's. Back in the '70's drum corps was much different than today, in more ways than one. It would be putting it mildly to say that some hostilities existed between Hurc's & Reading back then. No real blows came to fruition, that I recall, but alot of yelling & "in your face". That's one part of all drum corps that I'm glad has changed. I guess the "street kid mentality" has been replaced by the "bando kids".

I don't even know what qualifies for Drum Corps these days.... how does it differ exactly from marching band?? Seriously.

I was told that Madison has a trombone quintet. WHAT???

So, how can we turn World War into World Peace???

C'mon, I know you have the answer

Me?

I almost just got in a fight in a parking lot with a 25 year old. (He parked his crappy motorcycle in the grid next to the HP spot where the ramp for my wife's wheelchair had to come down).

I have no idea.

Remember me? I'm the one that enlisted the day the SDS burned the flag at St Johns.

My people (the Irish) have been fighting the English since King Richard the Lionhearted.

Peace?

No idea.

But the alternative sucks.

The thing with Hurcs - I'm assuming by now this is common knowledge or Fish will pound me - they had a number of folks that worked for... hmmm...

You ever watch the show about the "family" from New Jersey? Dad sort of worked for a waste management company - there was an Uncle named Paulie Walnuts, Cousin Chrissy. Nice people.

Any day it was just yelling with the Hurcs was a good day, as most of the baritone line was packing at rehearsals.

I know you think I'm kidding or exaggerating. I'll let Fish correct me.

And for the record....

Everytime I post a Hurc pic.... it's not always gonna be Harvey. Just sayin'. (wink)

Was I right about the year? Because it's part of the "who it is" equation.

Looks like Harvey though...

I think it was '74, a sop with Reading went back to the bus to get somthing he forgotten. His mistake was that he got on the wrong bus & it was to his suprise a Hurricanes bus. There was a lot of cursing & yelling going on until he made a quick exit. To this day he says he thought he was't going to make it off that bus alive. This guy was no wimp either. I agree, we can all laugh about it now.

Oh, and I did have the pleasure of meeting Harvey more than once. He was a real gentleman.

Edited by Oldbuc