OMG Could We Have Been So Young?

The photos of the Alberta All Girls are just wonderful!

Thank you…um…2 recycled, 1 promo and 1 new, well sort of new…

This 1978 photo was posted before but to follow-up, I have a new office neighbour who sings and is currently fund raising for the Sweet Adelines. She said some of the ladies have been singing for over 30 years and they may be in this photo when they were young, small world.

scan0007-a.jpg

I posted this on the color guard planet forum, the winter guard that Melanie, Louise, Nancy, et al taught in the mid 80’s. The girl in white was a runner, perhaps tasked with taking the judges score sheets and delivering to the tabulators.

scan0009-a-1.jpg

1977 Alberta All Girls, England.

1977-aftertheshow-a-1.jpg

We mingled with the audience after performances and answered questions. Others would don an apron filled with corps buttons to sell as souvenirs. Some assisted the equipment team with packing. Patricia, Pam and I often were spokespersons for media interviews. I tried to collect the local newspapers but many times we were on our way to another destination before I could obtain a copy. Thanks to Doug for restoring this photo.