OMG Could We Have Been So Young?

I still do!!! :thumbs-up:

Me too! My husband got me some Bridgemen shirts at the ALS benefit last weekend in Madison.

:blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Names with faces, starting section and years with AAG (jr. or sr. or both)

Lisa (on far left), guard and captain, 78-85

Louise (with blue shirt), drum line, 75-81, guard instructor 82-87, instructor/judge 85-87

Sharon (with coat), horn line, 74-81, BofD 83/84/87/88

Melanie (with yellow sweater), guard and captain, 73-77, guard instructor 81-88

aag-guard-a.jpg

Winter guards continued after lots of corps from our city were gone. We had a guard circuit 1979-1988; up to 13 guards from Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan with members 5-21 years old. Some people that marched in drum corps became instructors or instructor/judges. This photo might be from 1985, preparing for the ‘Annie’ show. Those that were young, later on taught the young and so on.

We flew to Europe July 1, 1977 and stayed in Britain a month. Most of August was spent on the continent, back to England and we flew home September 14, 1977. This photo is of a boat tour, Netherlands 77. Here’s Shelley, ‘mello’ with a sling on her left arm and Shirley, snare drummer, on the right.

1977-aag-ship2-a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

August 1977, we stayed in homes with families while in Nijkerk and Ijmuiden, Netherlands. This was appreciated and thanks. Here’s a postcard of the ‘Drum en Showband’ from Ijmuiden.

1977-ijmuiden.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
There's a story out there about Tom Float driving around Atlanta in a VW Bug wearing glasses like those... I can just imagine :tongue:

um…there may have been sale on yellow sun glasses... :rock: we had family, friends and drum corps folks visit in the 70’s and 80’s

scan0003-a-3.jpg

1977 Weekly Herald, Enfield, England, Alberta All Girls drum practice. The accompanying news article indicated issues regarding noise and boys. We collaborated with the community to provide a resolution.

scan0005-a-1.jpg

Drum instructor, Michael Whitney. Music director, Mike Duffy.