I'm going to corps camp and I'm bringing......

Personal suggestions for Cadet auditionee

If you get a 2, (Most people will) KEEP COMING BACK

KEEP COMING BACK

KEEEEEP COMING BACK

KEEEEEEEP COMING BACK!!!!!

So what exactly are you suggesting?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Gold Bond is a must, preferably extra strength, if you can handle it... You'll eventually understand why, if you don't need it at a camp, you'll most definitely need it over the summer. Oh and don't wear another corps t-shirt. I saw that happen at multiple camps for various corps, and it just annoyed me. Actually I've heard before that you should were plain t-shirts with no writing, because you don't want the evaluators to pay more attention to your shirt than to how you march/play.

-Weedy

And you are hearby banished from playing any Earth, Wind, and Fire or Tower of Power if you are a trumpet player.

:wub: Haha, I laughed so hard when I saw Will actually made a video of himself after tour playing "You're still a young man"

So what exactly are you suggesting?

I dunno, I think he means that you shouldn't come back... :P

About being cocky etc.... absolutely don't, it will make everyone not like you, or at least bother them. Everyone there is auditioning like you are, so doing that is almost the same as going to every other person and saying "hey, I'm better than you, you're not going to make it" which is not cool. I met one of these folks in 04... "I'm playing the hardest trumpet piece ever written for my audition..." etc. and well, he got cut at that first audition... So yeah, don't be that guy :)

Add: DO be confident though, or as confident as you can be. Confident is very different from arrogance or cockiniess... Confidence is knowing and showing you can do it, cockiness is saying you can. No need to say it, if you can do it!

Edited by DKracing

Personal suggestions for Cadet auditionee

If you get a 2, (Most people will) KEEP COMING BACK

KEEP COMING BACK

KEEEEEP COMING BACK

KEEEEEEEP COMING BACK!!!!!

Even if you get a 3 bust your ### between then and the next camp and go back anyway. Nothing is set in stone

Even if you get a 3 bust your ### between then and the next camp and go back anyway. Nothing is set in stone

This would be a first. I actually agree with you. If I remember, last year Cadets were still looking for horns close to the begining of the season. Keep going untill they CUT you. Even then, check back once in a while to see if there are any changes.

Heck yes.

Who do you think the corps would take:

The 3 who busted his or her ### to get up to the corps standard, or the two who got lax/coasted through the next camp?

I'm going to corps camp and I'm bringing...

SHOWER SHOES!!!

Make sure you bring a set of flip flops or sandals that don't get ruined in water to wear in the showers. It's no fun falling down flat on your a** in the shower, especially when there's an audience. :wub:

That is all.

Carry on.

8o)

Sounds like you're speaking from experience... :wub: