Pre Show Shout Outs!

Shout-Outs  

106 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion?

• I hate the pre show shout outs. It cuts into the performances.
    • I do them all the time!
    • I could care less...as long as I get to see/hear the corps.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind them.

It used to bother me, b/c if it was someone shouting out to me, It would make me nervous and have me thinking they're watching me the whole show and I'm afraid I'm gonna scew up big. But now, my mouth water for it. WATCH ME, I'm BA.

But for those people who scream during silent parts in shows....are just lame. I almost decided to be that guy this year during Bluecoats silent feature. But good thing I didn't make to the stadium that night. I probally would have hated myself for doing something so stupid b/c I was bitter.

i personally love 'em. i can see how ones during planned silences could detract from the performance. the last thing on my mind when i'm being grabbed during the silence is shouting something. maybe they're just not really into what's going on.

Yeah, well what about those planned shoutouts that SCV likes to put in? :P

I suck at reading, so I thought this thread was "pre show shoot outs" and I was thinking "they added a new game before shows?? SWEET!" but yeah, I r dumb.

Anyway, preshow = thumbs up, nothing like hearing someone yell your name from the stands to help get you even more pumped up to perform.

duringshow (yes, I made 'during' a prefix) = two big thumbs down. Detracts from or even ruins the show for everyone, imo.

Anyway, preshow = thumbs up, nothing like hearing someone yell your name from the stands to help get you even more pumped up to perform.

duringshow (yes, I made 'during' a prefix) = two big thumbs down. Detracts from or even ruins the show for everyone, imo.

This needs to be made into a banner and hung at every DCI event.

I prefer shout-outs that have something to do with a whole corps rather than personal shout-outs. But, I don't really mind the personal ones. They overlap sometimes and it's hard to hear any of them.

What I really don't like are the shout-outs of female names prior to Madison and Cavies shows. "Bring it on, Melissa!" or whatever. Really poor taste, IMO.

One of the reasons I don't like the new pre-show format is that the formality of when a show starts is now blurred. So, shout-outs are covering up some of stuff I'd like to hear.

I got a pretty sweet shout-out in Worcester, MA. It was completely silent and I'm pretty sure everyone on the field heard it. And I got a nickname out of it too, which stuck for the rest of the season.

Crossmen 2004 has a good pre show shout out. You can hear someone yell out "Get away from me!" which was an homage to an incident where George Hopkins was giving instructions to members of the Bones on a movie night with The Cadets. It was one of our best hypes.