Highest Note Ever Played

Back when the Season Pass was....Season Pass, I'm pretty sure they had a playlist called "Best of the High Notes" or something like that. It mentioned the 1986 Madison Scouts sop solo as the "highest notes ever played in a DCI Event" or something along that description.

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=e...10-892c9459f511

I don't think I have perfect pitch and I don't feel like using a tuner on it right now...

So anyone wanna clarify?

Other possible contenders off the top of my head(Mind you I'm sure that I missed a lot as I haven't seen every single DCI show ever made)

- Blue Devils 03-05 (Scott Dean)

- Blue Devils 1991 (end of show)

- Blue Devils 1993 (end of SSoup)

- Madison Scouts 1996 (beginning of En Fuego)

- Madison Scouts 1986 (See link)

On that note...

The North Star link they posted today is ridiculous

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=c...84-1e80c5a82fc7

On all those notes...

I'm loving all the new free clips DCI.org is posting. Especially this one(goosebump city)... -

http://www.dci.org/corps/?criteria=ce3fa31...d8-d70d793210fe

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scouts '96 had a pretty high one, that dutch (?) guy.

bd '05 early season had a trumpet solo that got changed....original version was insanely high.

BD 02 had a dude play a G above the C I believe....it was barely audible, and I think they either cut it out or he missed it on finals night, but I heard somewhere that that is the highest note a trumpet can physically make. This is all things I've heard by the way, so it could be inaccurate.

That 1986 one was a D (concert C) above the high C (concert Bb) that Scott Dean played in his solos. I'm pretty sure none of Dean's solos went to a D and I don't know if there's ever been any other ones.

EDIT: I don't remember any solos Dean might've had in 03.

Edited by marimbaman89

That 1986 one was a D (concert C) above the high C (concert Bb) that Scott Dean played in his solos. I'm pretty sure none of Dean's solos went to a D and I don't know if there's ever been any other ones.

EDIT: I don't remember any solos Dean might've had in 03.

Dean went higher in Summer Train...

BD 02 had a dude play a G above the C I believe....it was barely audible, and I think they either cut it out or he missed it on finals night, but I heard somewhere that that is the highest note a trumpet can physically make. This is all things I've heard by the way, so it could be inaccurate.

there isnt really a 'highest note a trumpet can physically make,' and if there is, that isnt it.

Are you referring to the notes he was playing, or to the liberal approach the Netherlands are taking on soft drugs?

Hey, what do I know, I'm Dutch :P

hahah well maybe both, but i guess we'll never know unless he posts on here.

Dean went higher in Summer Train...

Really? Was it in one of his solos or in the ensemble? Now that you mention it, I might recall a solo where someone hit an Eb (concert) and then went to a high D (concert). Was it him?