Baritones/Euphoniums

Captainwelch

If you could play any baritone/euphonium for a season of drum corps, what would you play?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. If you could play any baritone/euphonium for a season of drum corps, what would you play?

• (Bb) Kanstul
    • (Bb) Dynasy
    • (Bb) Yamaha (No euphs)
    • (Bb) King
    • (G) Kanstul
    • (G) Dynasty

G King.

G Kings are really nice. Love range. I have never found a Bugle that could really match 100% the sound of a King. G Kanstels are good. I would say that it is a bettter middle to upper bari parts. Dynastys are a good all-around horn. Now, I am talking about G horns. Since I play a concert euphonium most of the time.

My two cents.

Ryan

Played on a Dynasty G in 2001 and a Kanstul G in 2002. In my opinion, the Kanstul is much easier to keep in tune while on the field. It's also easier to hold and looks heck-of-a-lot nicer than the Dynasty.

for carying reasons I would take the Bb Dynasty but for pure sound it would be the Kanstul G.

now, if you were thinking about buying your own kanstul g baritone, which one would you get: the standard baritone kbb-190 or the baritone grande kbg-191?

they're very close in price, which one is more common?