San Francisco Renegades Open House

The stadium lights are on, the crowd noise is deafening. On the fifty yard line…YOU. Make it happen.

The six-time Drum Corps Associates finalist San Francisco Renegades Drum and Bugle Corps is an exciting all-age brass, percussion and colorguard ensemble that performs exhibitions and competitions during the summer, building up momentum to rock the house at the DCA Championships in Rochester, New York over Labor Day weekend. Since its first trip to DCA Finals in 2002, the Renegades have built a reputation as a perpetual finalist corps and fan favorite.

The Renegades will be hosting an Open House and audition camp for brass, percussion and guard on December 1st and 2nd at Del Mar High School in San Jose, CA (address and directions below). Each day's program begins at 10 a.m. and concludes at 5 p.m.

Saturday’s meeting will include an orientation session introducing the world-class staff and the 2008 program.

What to bring: Lunch or lunch money for both days; water or other non-alcoholic beverage. Percussion should bring your own sticks/mallets. Horn players please bring a mouthpiece. Guard, if you have your own saber or rifle, bring it (practice poles and silks will be provided). Everyone: come prepared in comfortable clothing that will allow you to stretch and march/do movement. Dress in layers to be ready for any temperature extreme the Bay Area can throw at you, including rain - remember, Renegades is an all-weather drum corps!

Del Mar High School

1224 Del Mar Ave.

San Jose CA 95128

Directions on Mapquest

Questions: contact the corps by email at info@renegades.org.

More information about the corps: http://www.renegades.org.

Lodging near camp site (for out of towners): The following hotels are conveniently located near the Open House location. This list is provided for informational purposes only; listed hotels have not been evaluated by the Renegades, and the corps does not endorse any particular hotel/chain:

Towneplace Suites by Marriott, (408) 370-4510

http://www.marriott.com

700 E Campbell Ave, Campbell CA

Motel 6

http://www.motel6.com/

1240 Camden Avenue, Campbell, CA 95008

(408) 371-7218

Carlyle Hotel

http://www.carlyle-hotel.com/html/contact.html

1300 Camden Avenue, Campbell, CA 95008

(408) 559-3600

Written by Brandon Wilson.

San Francisco Renegades 1997-2000, 2003, 2005

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news on flight discounts? I'm not finding anything for less than $300 from Orlando to San Jose.

Alisha, try out priceline and name your own price. It really does work. I saved $100+ on a flight once from FL to CA.

Hope we see you again!

I plan on going to the Open House!!! I'm 80% excited and 20% nervous.

I've never marched before, so I'm not totally sure what to expect. What goes on during the open house? (If it matters, I hope to march guard).

Thanks!!!

Usually intro's to staff, an overview of the upcoming season, expectations of members, paperwork, blah, blah..............

Then breaking up into respective sections: brass, battery, pit and guard with prospective members introductions at said sectionals, probably........

If I'm not mistaken, I think the guard has movement basics that will probably be rehearsed throughout the season...........

Other than that I am not sure................

Ah well, I am headed to the pre-banquet party now.............

A lot of good energy after yesterday's banquet.

Lets make this open house our best ever!

A lot of good energy after yesterday's banquet.

Lets make this open house our best ever!

Great staff lined up for next season!!

Herniated disks suck... :(

Herniated disks suck... :(

I hear that, I herniated the disk between L4 and L5 when I was in Iraq, oh yeah, it sucks.