The Next Great American Band: DMHO

00Sop

Hey all.

Thought I'd take a few minutes to give props to one of our own, Scott Steward a.k.a. Tornado.

There is a show on Fox on Friday nights (8 p.m. Eastern/7p.m. Central) called The Next Great American Band. It's similar to the American Idol show.

10 bands remain in the competition. Nashville's own Denver and the Mile High Orchestra is a finalist. One of the trumpet players in the band is Scott Steward, former sop for the Freelancers and Blue Devils and staff member/screaming pit lizard with Music City Legend. He's also an all-around good guy.

Watch the show if you can and vote for the best band. Voting is done by phone for two hours after the show. I think most of you will agree DMHO is the best of the bunch. Needless to say, MCL is quite proud of Tornado and wishes DMHO all the best.

I watched the show last week and was very impressed by DMHO. What a great sound, and truly the best band in the competition, IMHO.

Happy they saved the best for last! Made me watch the whole show just to watch them!

Good luck to Scott Steward, and Denver and the Mile High Orchestra!!!

Edited by FPonzo

I also watched and voted for those guys. Great horn charts, and nice groove. I heard Scott cop that PHAT high F at the end of the last tune with much ease.

They are in the money to win that show if we keep voting for them.

Donny

Glad to know that others are keeping dibbs on this group. I've admired Scott for many years (since finals night in 1993) and finally met him in San Antonio this year...thanks to finding him on DCP - what a heck of a guy!

I started a link about DMHO a few weeks ago...

DMHO THREAD

Phone number for tonight is:

1-866-856-8303

Billy Joel night....they were awesome again!

Tornado hit as an F5 tonight!! I think it was a DOUBLE F#...yeah ABOVE double C!!! What is that called? UNREAL!!! Keep pounding it, DMHO!!!

:angel:

• 4 weeks later...

DMHO made it into the Final 4 bands last night. Keep watchin' and voting. Your support is appreciated. Congrats again Tornado!

By the way, the show is now in a 1 hour format. Start time is 9 p.m. Eastern, 8 p.m. Central on Fridays.

Edited by 00Sop

DMHO made it into the Final 4 bands last night. Keep watchin' and voting. Your support is appreciated. Congrats again Tornado!

By the way, the show is now in a 1 hour format. Start time is 9 p.m. Eastern, 8 p.m. Central on Fridays.

:thumbup::doh: :doh: I met Tornado last August at an MCL pre contest practice in Nashville. He introduced himself after I showed a great interest in the horn line . He said he played just a few "little" solos, then proceeded to rip my face off with his horn :huh: . It was the highlight of my day and I got a face lift out of it. DMHO has my vote :huh::doh::huh: