Fever Licensing Issue?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fever should have been on the DVD even if there were some licensing issues. WGI finalists that had issues are still included on the championship DVDs with a disclaimer stating "A portion of this program is presented without the accompanying soundtrack due to copyright restrictions." Corps should be recognized for their accomplishments and in the case of Fever, I'd rather watch one of their numbers in silence instead of their entire show being excluded altogether.

Edited by mikesterhb

Fever should have been on the DVD even if there were some licensing issues. WGI finalists that had issues are still included on the championship DVDs with a disclaimer stating "A portion of this program is presented without the accompanying soundtrack due to copyright restrictions." Corps should be recognized for their accomplishments and in the case of Fever, I'd rather watch one of their numbers in silence instead of their entire show being excluded altogether.

Good point.

i agree as well

If I were DCI, I'd leave you out to make a point that they won't deal with licensing issues half-assedly. No offense to Fever, but they made the choice... they knew what they were doing, or should have.

Fever's management is being awfully quiet here. Their silence speaks volumes about who is responsible.

If I were DCI, I'd leave you out to make a point that they won't deal with licensing issues half-assedly. No offense to Fever, but they made the choice... they knew what they were doing, or should have.

And what if something changed in the 11 months between picking a repertoire and the DVD release? I wouldn't be so quick to throw Fever under the bus, not knowing any of the specifics.

If DCI wants to toe the licensing line, that's fine. But that doesn't preclude releasing the licensed portions of Fever's show, or better yet, the full video with the unlicensed song(s)' audio edited out.

And what if something changed in the 11 months between picking a repertoire and the DVD release? I wouldn't be so quick to throw Fever under the bus, not knowing any of the specifics.

If DCI wants to toe the licensing line, that's fine. But that doesn't preclude releasing the licensed portions of Fever's show, or better yet, the full video with the unlicensed song(s)' audio edited out.

nope...I'm with DCI on this. It's easy and can't be messed up in the editing room. "Memo? What memo?" Not including Fever was the correct choice.

If I was a kid who marched in Fever last Summer I would be livid.

Still no explanation from Fever's management. Have they communicated with the membership?

This is supposed to be different people that almost forced the corps off the road in the middle of 05, right?

nope...I'm with DCI on this. It's easy and can't be messed up in the editing room. "Memo? What memo?" Not including Fever was the correct choice.

i dunno who's at fault, but what makes me think some of it may be DCI's is that they did not provide us a housing site for finals week.

how could DCI not give a CA corps a housing site when champs are IN CA????

anyways, i hope all this gets resolved soon. i would really like to see us on DVD