After Watching the 2007 DCI Finals DVDs...

DVDs...  

302 members have voted

1. 1. WHO DO YOU THINK WAS THE REAL CHAMPION AFTER WATCHING THE DVDs???

• Blue Devils
    • The Cadets
    • The Cavaliers
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Carolina Crown
    • Bluecoats
    • Blue Knights
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Colts
    • Glassmen
    • Spirt from JSU

art is amazing.

people can see the same performance and yet find it to be completely different, subjectively. even more evidence why judging marching activities is inane.

So some specifics - cadets horn line was vastly over rated, on the big hits they crunched the sound and became shrill, way too much in the upper end, sounded overblown, lacked clean ensemble textures or tones. Drum had a weak book that still had dirt, bass line struggled , pit was lacking. Ensemble music had issues all around. Guard was not their usual standards and could not handle their book smoothly you could see them struggling- no one would use effortless to describe them. Marching forms were a bit sloppy in transitions and did not get clean until the set. Really a down show for them compared to the night before, uninspired and a big drop off – Cavies should have taken them in all performance Regiment in design. Sure, their show looked difficult but they did not really achieve it, they looked and sounded sloppiest of the top 3 at finals - they did not handle their show as well as the other top corps

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok well we can all see who the imature one is here. Let me guess... You are a Blue Devil fan... Well, I am too, as well as many of the other corps. Maybe with a few years under your belt you'll realize that others might think differently than you, and maybe you will then understand the difference between an opinion and criticism. :blink:

And no, my favorite performance of the year was not The Cadets, nor Blue Devils... I just have an opinion like you do... And I know a champion when I see one. Yes Winged Victory was amazing, but IN MY OWN THOUGHTS, I believe that The Cadets should be a champion... Just like everyone else who voted for their choice.

HEY DCP... I GUESS WE FOUND SOMEONE WHO CAN DISCERN THE DIFFERENCE IN QUALITY OF THE PERFORMANCES... And why does he/she know more than you do???

God, the irony of this post is absolutely killing me.

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

-- Mark Twain

Edited by MagicBobert

God, the irony of this post is absolutely killing me.

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

-- Mark Twain

Yea, well I was thinking about saying nothing... But it just came out... :) Oh... Well...

So some specifics - cadets horn line was vastly over rated, on the big hits they crunched the sound and became shrill, way too much in the upper end, sounded overblown, lacked clean ensemble textures or tones. Drum had a weak book that still had dirt, bass line struggled , pit was lacking. Ensemble music had issues all around. Guard was not their usual standards and could not handle their book smoothly you could see them struggling- no one would use effortless to describe them. Marching forms were a bit sloppy in transitions and did not get clean until the set. Really a down show for them compared to the night before, uninspired and a big drop off – Cavies should have taken them in all performance Regiment in design. Sure, their show looked difficult but they did not really achieve it, they looked and sounded sloppiest of the top 3 at finals - they did not handle their show as well as the other top corps

It must feel great to be the only right one around here. :blink:

On a note of actual reality. . .your bias against shows through so much more than any bias some of us might have for the corps. Your above statement speaks volumes about your lack of credibility.

No, I think it was just about right...

I thought about breaking it down but then people would say I'm ripping the Cadets but then the OP wanted more so...

oh ok. i disagree with everything you said. most people i know would do the same. cool. guess speaking definitively failed in that case.

"cavies should have taken them in all performance..."

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I think the Blue Devils were champions, as if my memory serves they received the highest score.

Yes, I would tend to agree with that. :P

I love all these "who is the REAL champion" threads. In 40 years of drum corps, I have yet to see a fake champion. B)

Fran

Yes, I would tend to agree with that. :P

I love all these "who is the REAL champion" threads. In 40 years of drum corps, I have yet to see a fake champion. B)

Fran

well after a few seconds of thought, crown '07 comes close, having prematurely declared themselves the metaphorical winner in their show. though right after they performed, they WERE in 1st at that point, right? i think so but i dont remember the performance order.

No, I think it was just about right...

I thought about breaking it down but then people would say I'm ripping the Cadets but then the OP wanted more so...

So...this corps you're talking about...they came in like, 14th or something, right? :P :blink:

Blue Devils were sure clean, but there were a LOT of hold and play moments in that show. Compared to the 3 shows before them, they didn't move as much. They would be more convincing as a championship corps if the show didn't die into what seemed like 2 ballads after that amazing opener. I'd say a weaker ending compared to Cadets and Phantom Regiment.

The Cadets took a crap load of ensemble and movement risks and these guys were cookin all over the field. They were clean but not as clean as the Blue Devils. Overall, this is the more enjoyable show to watch, without a ballad, ridiculously high tempos, phenomenal drill, in your face brass, the show really doesn't allow you to sit back in your chair, it really keeps you on the edge of your seat. And oh yeah, these certainly closed their show impressively.

I'll just throw that out there but I feel like The Cadets are so much more visually exposed with their uniform color and design than the Blue Devils and Cavaliers.

The high cam really shows what the differences are of wearing black against light pants.

Edited by ZealJ03