Easter Eggs in prior DCI DVDs

I've been asked how to find the audio tracks from Montreal on the 1981 Legacy Series DVD. Because I'm out-of-state with family issues for a few months, I don't have access to my 1981 DVD, or else I'd pop it in and go to it, as I was once told how to find it and remember it being an easy thing to do (perhaps because I was told). So, if anyone can help out for those who would love to hear the audio tracks from Montreal (being that the videos were shot at DCI Midwest in Whitewater a couple weeks before Worlds), please share how it's done. Thank you.

I've been asked how to find the audio tracks from Montreal on the 1981 Legacy Series DVD. Because I'm out-of-state with family issues for a few months, I don't have access to my 1981 DVD, or else I'd pop it in and go to it, as I was once told how to find it and remember it being an easy thing to do (perhaps because I was told). So, if anyone can help out for those who would love to hear the audio tracks from Montreal (being that the videos were shot at DCI Midwest in Whitewater a couple weeks before Worlds), please share how it's done. Thank you.

I found them! Yes, it was me that bugged Mr. Boo about it (Sorry!). I went up from the main menu and found the audio files that way. I had not opened 1981 (had it just over a year) until reading about the easter egg tonight, so I had not played around with it very much.

Edited by Tekneek

Heheh. There is a reason they are called easter eggs. If you don't want to look for them, don't worry about them. You didn't buy it for the easter eggs anyway, right?

If DCI is going to put them on there, they might as well put them on the menu. what a waste if people don't get to enjoy all the features of the disc. Total BS if you ask me.

Also, if people knew some of the "bonus features" of the disc, it could encourage more sales of that item. Especially for example if the 81 DVD offers the bonus feature of audio recordings, etc. You would think DCI would want to encourage more sales of their items.

• Like 1

I don't own any of the DCI DVDs, but I'm told if you get out the older DVDs, like 1975 or 1984 or 78 or 85, and you press "Play," you can find some really good, exciting drum corps that actually mattered.

Wow, that was easy.

Dude. You best get on the horn to the powers that be at DCI and send a memo to current corps directors...

"Drum corps of today no longer matters!!!"

Hell, while you're at it, you can send the same memo to the kids that have marched recently and to those planning on auditioning. Hurry up though. New season's about to get underway. Don't want these people wasting their time and yours, do we.....

• Like 1

If DCI is going to put them on there, they might as well put them on the menu. what a waste if people don't get to enjoy all the features of the disc. Total BS if you ask me.

Also, if people knew some of the "bonus features" of the disc, it could encourage more sales of that item. Especially for example if the 81 DVD offers the bonus feature of audio recordings, etc. You would think DCI would want to encourage more sales of their items.

Easter Eggs are part of the mystique of DVD's. Let me guess, your parents/guardians never let you hunt for Easter Eggs as a kid ? Have you never searched though a DVD looking for Easter Eggs. Maybe your time is too valuable. I'm not saying that I personally go looking for them, that's what DVDeastereggs.com is for. I really doubt any of the DCI discs are listed there, in fact I would be more surprised if they were.

Maybe you should get out your BetaMax or LaserDisc player.

Edited by Old School Contra Guy

Easter Eggs are part of the mystique of DVD's. Let me guess, your parents/guardians never let you hunt for Easter Eggs as a kid ? Have you never searched though a DVD looking for Easter Eggs. Maybe your time is too valuable. I'm not saying that I personally go looking for them, that's what DVDeastereggs.com is for. I really doubt any of the DCI discs are listed there, in fact I would be more surprised if they were.

Maybe you should get out your BetaMax or LaserDisc player.

First of all, my parents were great about Easter Egg hunts as a kid. Money trails, candy, and gifts were a big part of a very fun day.

However, when I spend over $200 for all the DCI merchandise that comes out every year, I expect to be able to use ALL of the features on the items I have purchased. Do I think my time is too valuable to waste looking for them....YES. As I mentioned before, I work 87 hours a week at 2 full time jobs, to be able to afford to buy this merchandise.

So my opinion of DCI DVDs and the Easter Eggs on them

F... DCI

• Like 1

I don't own any of the DCI DVDs, but I'm told if you get out the older DVDs, like 1975 or 1984 or 78 or 85, and you press "Play," you can find some really good, exciting drum corps that actually mattered.

Wow, that was easy.

Lame, maybe. But true....
I have to ask, don't you ever do any do any stories without asking for help on DCP?

I do know of one from the 1981 DVD's but I won't tell, you'll have to go and find it.

First of all, my parents were great about Easter Egg hunts as a kid. Money trails, candy, and gifts were a big part of a very fun day.

However, when I spend over $200 for all the DCI merchandise that comes out every year, I expect to be able to use ALL of the features on the items I have purchased. Do I think my time is too valuable to waste looking for them....YES. As I mentioned before, I work 87 hours a week at 2 full time jobs, to be able to afford to buy this merchandise.

F... DCI

posting.gif

• Like 5

I was wondering...where would they put AN EASTER EGG!!! on a DVD???????????????????????????

• Like 1

F... DCI

take20as20needed-1.jpg

Thanks for playing, have a great day

• Like 2