Easter Eggs in prior DCI DVDs

Another thing to keep in mind is that sometimes Easter Eggs are placed onto DVD's and software packages by people who don't have permission to do so from the higher ups. Anybody remember which version of MS Office had the game that made fun of Bill Gates?

Too bad they didn't include a quality software program.

• Like 1

Too bad they didn't include a quality software program.

...they DID include version numbers which let you know exactly how old each version was. DCP offers a similar feature. It lets you know how old a thread is before you post in it. :thumbup:

• Like 3

Wow. Just...um...wow.

I'm not doing a story on Easter Eggs. Since I'm friends with the people who make the DVDs, I could just ask them if I wanted to know myself where they all are. And being that I've witnessed them each year they have been there, it's not a pressing thing for me. But I did think others might want to know and I thought others might wish to be the ones to tell them. I'm sorry if that offended you for some reason to cause you to lash out like that.

I've never seen a topic before on where all the Easter Eggs are. I thought some would be inspired to go back in their DVDs and witness them. Such as those who have the Legacy Series 1981 DVD would be interested in hearing the audio tracks from Montreal as the videos were made at Whitewater. (And no, I didn't ask anyone about that. I knew about it when I wrote the Legacy Series liner notes.)

I have asked DCP members for stories they would like to share from time to time. That's because I respect the members of DCP and I know there are great stories out there that others would enjoy knowing about and that the contributors would enjoy sharing. Drum corps is about sharing our love of the activity. I make no apologies for believing that. I've gotten some great stories from readers (always attributed to them in the heading) and I hope I continue to get great stories, and if you've got one we should know about, please drop me a line.

And even if I did ask for help ALL the time from DCP members...well, I wouldn't ask for stories from people I don't respect.

Boo, I for one thank you for starting a unique thread that isn't beating a dead horse complaining about the same ol' stuff from the past decade. Thank you for not starting a thread polling people to get a consensus on the best mounted triangle solo of all time. I applaud the fact you're not posting calling judges stupid for not giving your favorite corps the high score, or for complaining that corps designers lazily program retread shows (or boringly program new age music you've never heard of before).

Thank you for posting a thread about a cool topic I have never thought about before (while I'm a big movie nerd and I'm well aware of 'easter eggs' on DVD's and blu-rays, it never occurred to me that DCI vids would contain hidden treats for fans). I'm enjoying the folks chiming in with their find, and this thread might be enough to nudge me to re-watch older DVD's I haven't been in the mood to watch in a long time.

In short, thanks for having a positive, unique presence on DCP: something very few people can claim to do any where near as consistently as you (myself included).

...they DID include version numbers which let you know exactly how old each version was. DCP offers a similar feature. It lets you know how old a thread is before you post in it. :thumbup:

Hey, it's the off season so an old easter egg thread deserves a bump. Plus, I just got my hands on the 2007 DVD and am checking out the Carolina Crown easter egg. Great stuff! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Maybe they'll put the FULL Madison show on the 2011 DVDs as an Easter Egg...? :worthy::thumbup:

• Like 7

Oh....

....well then :whistle:

Edit: If you watch this easter egg be prepared for a HILARIOUS moment during the "photo finish" moment

I forgot that we put that on the DVD with the censoring beeps. I just pulled out the 2007 disc and listened to it and laughed. Of course, that was a little entertainment value added since I would never swear on the intercom. I can't tell you how many shots have been changed over the years because a judge stands right in front of the lens at just the wrong time. Of course, it does show that we have the camera in the right place for the performance!

Edited by TRBlair
  • Like 3

That is correct. The performances don't. Not to me. YMMV, of course.

That's ok. Your performances probably don't much matter to today's members either.

Good lord, we need an Extinction Level Event to get rid of *some* of these bitter old dinos :)

• Like 3

That's ok. Your performances probably don't much matter to today's members either.

Good lord, we need an Extinction Level Event to get rid of *some* of these bitter old dinos :)

As these posts are from '07 and I haven't seen this guy post too much, I think maybe it finally did! (Thankfully!)

That is correct. The performances don't. Not to me. YMMV, of course.

You also realize that it's likely that to kids marching today, the "83-88 Knights" or whatever you marched don't matter in any way, shape, or form, correct?

Which is sad to me, because as a DCI Alumni myself, part of the G Bugle generation, it's idiots like you who not only give ALL of the DCI Alumni a bad name, but you also proliferate that DCI Alumni in general are old crotchety farts who they are unable to please, no matter how much work, soul, emotion, and power they are putting into their performances.

What a terrific way to act. DCI already has enough things working against it that it doesn't need jacktards like this who claim to have marched in the past going online and wasting everyone's time bringing the current generation of kids down.

Edited by Lead
  • Like 1