Scott Stewart Facts

This thread had promiseā€¦

Oh, excuse us. All hail, Scott Stewart. Better?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude, you project the strangest things

a joke in the theme of the OP would have been better

see, this could have been really funny but it got wierd

let me try

When Scott Stewarts conducts the acr all the Bb horns play in the key of G bugles

(just so/so, but hey, I tried)

I'm not convinced of that. I believe that many directors put the judges above and beyond that of the audience. Scott saw it the other way around.

and I believe you'd be wrong in that assessment. Let me ask....can you provide some evidence to substantiate your belief?

Something any of them said. Maybe a quote about how they design their shows for the judges and they don't care that the fans don't like it.

And I'm still waiting.

Fact...Scott Stewart is no longer a World Class DCI director and is not affiliated with any current DCI World Class organization.

He is an alumni and former director and now current director of an all age DCA corps.

Those are the facts.

Now for some opinions. Scott's a nice guy, he has an amazing memory and he had a great career in drum corps. His vision for drum corps and the current direction have parted ways. Many think Scott's vision should have been the path drum corps took...it's not. So, some have great and nostalgic images of Scott Stewart. Someone else pointed out that Scott would be embarrassed by all this attention. He was a guy, doing a job, and doing his best at that job. It's what he continues to emulate today.

Scott is more of a present and future guy...he doesn't dwell on the past. I wish I was better about that...the past thing. I am fascinated about the past and hw it affects the present and future.

When Scott Stewarts conducts the acr all the Bb horns play in the key of G bugles

(just so/so, but hey, I tried)

that's gotta sound bad since the F horns are still in F while the others are in G =P

i couldn't resist.

and I believe you'd be wrong in that assessment. Let me ask....can you provide some evidence to substantiate your belief?

Something any of them said. Maybe a quote about how they design their shows for the judges and they don't care that the fans don't like it.

And I'm still waiting.

I didn't say that, I said they consider the judges opinion in show design before they consider the audience. Scott did it the other way around. Do you have evidence that the directors put the audience first? I can tell you that Scott said it outright, but his philosophy did not score well with the judges.

Fact...Scott Stewart is no longer a World Class DCI director and is not affiliated with any current DCI World Class organization.

He is an alumni and former director and now current director of an all age DCA corps.

Those are the facts.

Now for some opinions. Scott's a nice guy, he has an amazing memory and he had a great career in drum corps. His vision for drum corps and the current direction have parted ways. Many think Scott's vision should have been the path drum corps took...it's not. So, some have great and nostalgic images of Scott Stewart. Someone else pointed out that Scott would be embarrassed by all this attention. He was a guy, doing a job, and doing his best at that job. It's what he continues to emulate today.

Scott is more of a present and future guy...he doesn't dwell on the past. I wish I was better about that...the past thing. I am fascinated about the past and hw it affects the present and future.

Very well put! :laughing::shutup::thumbup:

Can we try to keep this thread on topic? It is for comedic purposes only, not meant to be taken seriously. Please take all serious discussion somewhere else.

I didn't say that, I said they consider the judges opinion in show design before they consider the audience. Scott did it the other way around. Do you have evidence that the directors put the audience first? I can tell you that Scott said it outright, but his philosophy did not score well with the judges.

Let's see....Dan Farrell has said many times that when Regiment picks a show they want to give their audience a "Regiment Experience." Whatever that means. But, I would say..Spartacus was not selected in 2008 because it would appeal to the judges.

I believe if I called Santa Clara's director, I would not get him to tell me their show was designed for the judges first...same is true of Blue Devils, Cavaliers, or Cadets. I imagine if I asked Bluecoats or Crown they wouldn't tell me, "Oh, well, we design our show for the judges first and hope the audience likes it after we score really high with it."

Where do you come from with this stuff.

Make some calls...ask some questions...report your findings. I'll stand by for your answer.

Can we try to keep this thread on topic? It is for comedic purposes only, not meant to be taken seriously. Please take all serious discussion somewhere else.

OK, Scott's really an illegal alien from Alpha Centauri. :thumbup::laughing::shutup: