2008 Finals

As mentioned by me before, DCI just priced this family of five out of finals week. $1,500! I mean, come on! Oh, wrong thread. LOL.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan, you can always just attend certain events for cheaper and not have 5 people go to all 5 events. That would probably save you a whole lot of money.

As mentioned by me before, DCI just priced this family of five out of finals week. $1,500! I mean, come on! Oh, wrong thread. LOL.

If you are really making your travel decisions based on the cost of tickets, you might want to rethink your decision.

There are many other costs associated with traveling to this event (or any other similar trip) - especially with a family of 5. Depending on your mode of travel, between the airfare, the rental car, the food, the hotel rooms, the other events and activities you want to participate in and any other incidental expenses, the cost of the tickets is only a relatively small piece of the puzzle. So, if DCI has this one package that now includes 5 shows and you percieve the addition of 2 shows as an incremental price increase, is that really the tipping point?

I'll tell you, for me and my family of 6, increased fuel costs, air fare, hotel room rates or any other of the above expense items would be much more important in the decision making process than ticket prices. Those tickets to those events are the purpose for the trip in the first place. I would make sure I had enough to cover those. If anything , it would be the rest of the cost that might be a problem for me (and I'd probably figure it out anyway - because I want to go).

Aw, come on, that's chicken feed. Gosharooties, music lovers, it costs a kid a couple of hundred bucks nowadays just to sit down and audition in front of an audience of only one edjuka. . . educkat . . . ejukat . . . uh, edjumakater, just so's he kin join up 'n git edjumakated.