2008 D1 Corps

What happen to Esperanza (San Diego)?

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...107726&st=0

i would read through that thread first..

I have read through it and posted twice in it before it turned into a mud-slinging fest.

Personally, I am not convinced that the sky is falling over Nashua ... unless perhaps it is in the form of snow ... which when it melts in the spring may find Spartans standing as tall and firm as ever in the practice lot.

I have followed this corps closely the past few years and have greatly enjoyed their shows. I will greatly miss the old design team, but I have read many times on DCP that there are others who have felt the shows were "the same thing every year."

The Spartans have just won a championship. They are buying new Bb horns for this year. They have had the same Corps Director for the last twenty years, who during that time brought them back from drum corps oblivion. Their new Brass Arranger and Caption Head has been running a very successfull band program in southeastern Massachusetts and he has drum corps in his past. The new Percussion Caption Head from Texas came on board last year and the writing was a step up. The new design team, also from Texas, has some impressive work on their website. They appear to be young, qualified and enthusiastic. There are, also, many Spartans from the recent past working as techs.

All of this may just be part of a plan to bring the corps to World Class status in the future. Time will tell.

As I have been saying all along, I am looking forward to seeing Spartans on the field next summer.

Thanks again to everyone from this corps for their past efforts and best wishes to all in the future, wherever it may lead them.