Brand X Camp Report

Harvey

Brand X Drum & Bugle Corps from Anytown, USA had our first camp this past weekend. It was a total disaster. Only about half of the members from last season showed up, and the new recruits are clumsy and dimwitted. The instructional staff spent more time drinking this weekend than they did instructing the members. The food crew threw together some slop that a dog would not eat, and the few parents who showed up for "show and tell" were obnoxious and smelled really bad.

BUT, we should have our best season yet this year!!!!

( :thumbup: Always wanted to see a post from a corps like this).

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brand X Drum & Bugle Corps from Anytown, USA had our first camp this past weekend. It was a total disaster. Only about half of the members from last season showed up, and the new recruits are clumsy and dimwitted. The instructional staff spent more time drinking this weekend than they did instructing the members. The food crew threw together some slop that a dog would not eat, and the few parents who showed up for "show and tell" were obnoxious and smelled really bad.

BUT, we should have our best season yet this year!!!!

( :thumbup: Always wanted to see a post from a corps like this).

I was like..WHO THE HECK IS BRAND X

but yes, that would be funny to read.

My son is playing in the horn line this year. I was really glad that they let him play. He had lip reconstruction surgery last February and it didn’t turn out too well and his tone has never quite recovered. He also has a spike through his lower lip that prevents him from getting a real good seal when he plays, so he can’t play very loud. I found out this morning that he missed most of the first day’s rehearsal due to being sick from drinking vodka, which was smuggled in by one of his friends that teaches the drum line. The both met while they were in juvenile detention. My son spent three years there and the instructor was the jails Chaplin. My son’s girlfriend is in the color guard, but is not sure if she can march this summer since she is four month pregnant. The corps director, who is the father but wants that to remain a secret, and as long as he keeps paying for her apartment, she’s not going to go public with it. He is 53 years older than her and she is only 14, so it would not be very good publicity for Brand X. He said she could march as long as she doesn’t show. I was pleased to hear that the board of directors worked out a deal with Reynolds Tobacco to sponsor the corps this year and provide tobacco products free of charge to the corps as long as they promise to advertise on the equipment truck and the pit section and drum majors smoke during all performances. I’m really pumped for this season to get started.

Edited by argonaut

Brand X is the best thing for my son. If he weren’t involved in drum corps, he would be forced back to jail. Since he dropped out of school, his parole officer has agreed to allow him to participate in drum corps, because he is supervised and does get some structured activities. I’m just hoping that his up coming trial goes well. If he loses, they will make him register as a sex offender and he will not be allowed to have contact with the activity. I hope, for his sake, people will band together and support this drum corps. It is important to the community.

How soon until Ron Burgendy starts complaining that all this thread is doing is discouraging kids from marching Brand X? I say we just close it now before any more potential members read it...

Oh, we have plenty of potential members. Most come from Jouvie Hall, some come from halfway houses. The best are the kids who have both parents currently in jail. Then we can work them to death and the parents can't complain.

The staff is the bigger issue. Keep losing them to liver disease. A couple of them spent the last couple of months in Bogata and never came back. Guess the grass is greener.......

If we could just get the local Catholic Church to sponsor us again.................

OH NO!!!

joker1989b.jpg

He's been marching Brand X

I think people that don't know anything about Brand X should keep their mouths shut. It always seems the ones that never marched always have something to say....you just don't know. I have many great memories of the past glory days, and the current administration is doing their best. Did you ever go to a fund raiser? Did you ever march in the black Glad Bag uniforms in 100 degree heat? I didn't think so.

Anyone that wants to want to say anything negative about Brand X and come talk to me. I'm the 6'3", 230 pounder on #5 bass. I'm really 25 but my fake birth certificate says I'm 18, don't tell anyone or I'll pound you. Oh yea, the staff aren't the only ones that know how to party.

I think people that don't know anything about Brand X should keep their mouths shut. It always seems the ones that never marched always have something to say....you just don't know. I have many great memories of the past glory days, and the current administration is doing their best. Did you ever go to a fund raiser? Did you ever march in the black Glad Bag uniforms in 100 degree heat? I didn't think so.

Anyone that wants to want to say anything negative about Brand X and come talk to me. I'm the 6'3", 230 pounder on #5 bass. I'm really 25 but my fake birth certificate says I'm 18, don't tell anyone or I'll pound you. Oh yea, the staff aren't the only ones that know how to party.

I did attend the spring fundraiser at the Double Jiggle Dance Club. It was kind of nice to know that I could attend a strip club and raise money for a good cause at the same time. I left before the big fight broke out, but I have seen plenty of fights at that club before. It was nice to see some of the strippers come to a couple of the color guard rehearsal to teach them some of their pole dances. It’s too bad that most of the money raised that night went to bail the director out of jail.

Just a reminder that next rehearsal they will be taking pictures for you new ID cards. They cost 25 dollars and you must bring cash.

That's a lot of great info on the corps. But, I'd be worried that the corps' use of G bugles might offend someone.

-Jack