Brand X Camp Report

Harvey

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't there any issue when this corps tours? Some thing about "crossing state lines"...

True for those members that are on parole for state crimes. Fortunately, the majority of the corps (including the entire instructional staff) are either on parole or awaiting trial for federal crimes; so as long as they don't leave the country, travel is not an issue. For the others, Brand X has become quite proficient in the art of, shall we say, "obtaining proper identification" in whatever jurisdiction they find themselves in. After all -- the show must go on !!!!

One issue that has nagged the corps in past years, though, is that for varius reasons, much of the corps is not able to be with 500 yards of a schoolhouse, so many show venues are off limits. In one famous episode a couple of years ago, the corps had to perform their entire show squeezed into only one side of the 50-yard line because they determined, thanks to some very precise measuring, that that was the "demarcation" line, if you will, to the main school building out front.

I heard Brand X's director was putting forth a rule proposal for an all-nude kazoo line -- any truth to that rumor? Any chance your kazooists will actually get in shape for the summer season and spare us all a Stay-Puft Marshmallow review?

I heard Brand X's director was putting forth a rule proposal for an all-nude kazoo line -- any truth to that rumor? Any chance your kazooists will actually get in shape for the summer season and spare us all a Stay-Puft Marshmallow review?

From the Brand X director's blog:

(actually taken from the notepad of his court-appointed psychiatrist, but whatever ...)

I know some of the 'purists' will be all up in arms about the nude-kazoo proposal. And I'm sure the conjecture is already flying about what our show will look like if/when this proposal passes. All I can say is that we haven't decided whether or not to use the nude kazoo's. I just think that the rule should be changed to allow them. We might use them, we might not -- it all depends on our show design and if we feel it will add something meaningful. Just because our working show title is "Marching to the Strains of Nude Kazoos" doesn't mean that we have actually decided to use any nude kazoos in the production.

Edited by Liam

the all nude kazoo line was banned. :thumbup:

So they will wear skin tight white clothing and hose themselves down.

On a lighter note they were able to attain bassline, until the feds realized that BDC's kids were missing.

From the Brand X director's blog:

(actually taken from the notepad of his court-appointed psychiatrist, but whatever ...)

I know some of the 'purists' will be all up in arms about the nude-kazoo proposal. And I'm sure the conjecture is already flying about what our show will look like if/when this proposal passes. All I can say is that we haven't decided whether or not to use the nude kazoo's. I just think that the rule should be changed to allow them. We might use them, we might not -- it all depends on our show design and if we feel it will add something meaningful. Just because our working show title is "Marching to the Strains of Nude Kazoos" doesn't mean that we have actually decided to use any nude kazoos in the production.

Thank you, Brand X. That certainly clears things up! Um... no. At least it doesn't take things off -- YET!

:thumbup:

BX is so innovative...I'm surprised that more corps directors have not copied their programming style.

I hope they dont change their repertoire this year at the last minute like they do every year though...why do you think they do that?

Shostahoosier

- Member of the BX Appreciation Society

On a lighter note they were able to attain bassline, until the feds realized that BDC's kids were missing.

UGH...why are people complaining about the Nude Kazoos? I personally think its step in the right direction in regards to the evolution of our far reaching activity.

I bet no one would have complained about this proposal if SCV had brought it up.

There are so many BX haters on this board!!!!....Now I miss R.A.M.D. :ph34r:

Well, as the OP, I can tell you definitively that Brand X is not going to let the DCI Rules Committee stand in their way. Their silly rules may prevent the use of kazoos in drum corps, but there is nothing in the rules against marching nude mellophones. There may be a few pesky state officials that will be a little miffed, but we know how to handle those men in uniform (or at least the rifle line does :ph34r: ).

I ordered a Brand X t-shirt 16 weeks ago and have not yet received my order. I’m a little disappointed they are so slow. They have not returned my emails and they mistakenly overcharged my credit card $157.21 and nobody can get a hold of them. I’m thinking about ordering one of their baseball caps, but won’t until they clear this mess up. :ph34r::thumbup::ph34r::sneaky::beer::thumbup::mat: