Brand X Camp Report

Harvey

Would it be poor form to bring just my shiv to auditions? I thought about bringing the sangria I made in the toilet, but I dunno if that's necessary for brass auditions.

I would be careful. The initiation process is brutal. My son lost all of his front teeth. This was especially bad due to his piercing and lip reconstruction surgery was recently completed. If you have ever marched for a corps, that has beaten them in competition, you’re in for a severe beating. I would bring your weapons only after you have been initiated. If you try to defend yourself during the initiation, you won’t walk out of there alive. If you choose to join the corps, you're going to get beaten up pretty bad. Its just part of being accepted as a member of Brand X. Once you have been beaten and branded, you can bring your weapons.

Edited by argonaut

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve heard that they have teamed up with B.O.N.G.

Bands Orchestras Needing Ganja, a non-profit organization sponsoring youth and medical marijuana in the arts.

The corps will be featuring the music of Bob Marley this summer and will kick off this season with a performance at Hemp-fest. This is an annual event in the Anytown central square. At the last camp, members were given on pound of medical marijuana to sell to their friends and family. $25 dollars of each pound will go towards the corps operating fund.

there is seriously an annual hempfest a few hours from where i live in maine..

Just got word from the colorguard instructors for next camp. The colorguard will be required to dance and spin in the nude (or underwear if you're used to a less temperate climate) so that the instructors can better see the line of the body.

Also, due to some issues last camp with the "strip" section of the closer, only apparel with zippers, including pants, will be allowed for the dance warm-up and the final uniform on the field for 08. The final uniform has been completely designed, but won't be ready until the day of finals.

hahahahaha. This is so funny.

Late word from Brand X:

Due to excessive expenditures by the BOD during the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, and 00-04 on gambling, alcohol, drugs, and large, fluffy props (something had to be for the kids), the corps is in serious financial straights. They must raise $1.2M by 11:59 PM on December 31, 2007 or the corps will not be able to offer their members rides to camp in Learjets from their points of incarceration this year. In order to clear up this serious financial shortfall, we ask all members of DCP to leave a window unlocked this Christmas Eve for Santa (also known as our robbery/burglary committee). It would also be a beneficial time saver if you could each post your social security numbers, bank account numbers, and any credit card account numbers for accounts that have at least $3000 in open credit (we don't like to waste time dealing with accounts only in the hundreds).

Your support of this important youth program is much appreciated. If you need to reach any member of the BOD, we will be spending the holiday season at the corps' new condo in Tahiti.

Hahahahahaha!!!!

There is still time to buy the 2008 calendar while supplies last. The calendar entitled ‘Babes of the Brand X’ was seized by the U.S Customs agency when it reached the U.S. borders. The months of February and October contained pictorials that violated the nations Obscenity laws. The corps isn’t commenting on the details, but those months have been redesigned and the calendars are on sale again. Due to a court settlement they are only allowed to sell 500 copies and the months of January, March and August have been removed due to some pending law suits.

There is also a legal fund that has been set up in the corps defense in this matter. See there website for further information

Also on a side note:

Jimmy Borstgtine, the corps drum major, should be out of drug rehab by the next camp.

Unfortunately, many Brand X alumni don't live past the age of 25. You know what they say: play now, pay later. I don't expect to see them field a very big corps.

That's OK, I hear they're letting DC alum from other corps participate. Might look a little weird having a bunch of people with little bitty fleur and chevron tattoos instead of the great big heart-with-mom on the arm, but make due with what you can get.

And there will be no throwing babies in the stands during the performance. However, making some in the prison buses in the parking lot afterwards will be tolerated.

Will the corps be doing the "Elephant Walk" again this year? That signature move of their's really turns heads.

I'm glad there is a corps like Brand X that is still willing to recruit kids off the streets.

And I love their uniforms....are they Cesario collection?