Brand X Camp Report

Harvey

So I'm going to answer two posts at once because I'm only allowed so much time each day on the computer -- 23 hours lock-down rule and all :thumbup:

Anyway .....

BX is so innovative...I'm surprised that more corps directors have not copied their programming style.

I hope they dont change their repertoire this year at the last minute like they do every year though...why do you think they do that?

Shostahoosier

- Member of the BX Appreciation Society

Couple of reasons for the last minute repertoire changes:

1) copyright laws (which we usually disregard but sometimes have to resort to "an offer you can't refuse")

2) sometimes we use the pre-season drill as a practice for a "job" and then when the job is completed we need to change the show so as not to raise suspicion

3) often we have significant turnover during heavy court session season, which unfortunately to drum corps timing falls in the late spring/early summer in many jurisdictions, and the type of members we get at those times .... well, lets's just say that if they don't want to do the show we've designed -- they don't do the show we've designed.

Second issue:

ordered a Brand X t-shirt 16 weeks ago and have not yet received my order. I’m a little disappointed they are so slow. They have not returned my emails and they mistakenly overcharged my credit card $157.21 and nobody can get a hold of them. I’m thinking about ordering one of their baseball caps, but won’t until they clear this mess up.

You will order that baseball cap if you know what's good for you. "Overcharged" is a strong word that I think you might want to reconsider. Believe me, if -- excuse me -- when your t-shirt arrives, you will understand the value of that $157 even if the delivery guy has to MAKE you understand.

Anyway, it's time for checkdown -- GO BRAND X

Edited by Liam

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK thanks  It was nice of you to call me on the telephone as well. I have ordered 15 if the baseball caps and have contributed to the legal defense fund of your friend Guido.

Don’t worry, I’m not going to write anymore complaining posts.

OK thanks  It was nice of you to call me on the telephone as well. I have ordered 15 if the baseball caps and have contributed to the legal defense fund of your friend Guido.

Don’t worry, I’m not going to write anymore complaining posts.

As always, we at Brand-X appreciate your support. Please tell your friends to support as well before we have to tell them for you :thumbup:

Well, as the OP, I can tell you definitively that Brand X is not going to let the DCI Rules Committee stand in their way. Their silly rules may prevent the use of kazoos in drum corps, but there is nothing in the rules against marching nude mellophones. There may be a few pesky state officials that will be a little miffed, but we know how to handle those men in uniform (or at least the rifle line does :thumbup: ).

Wasn't the rifle line banned after that unfortunate incident at Camp Randall Stadium a couple of years back? I mean, BX always had such a hard time with the two week waiting period anyway, so will they even bother this year?

Wasn't the rifle line banned after that unfortunate incident at Camp Randall Stadium a couple of years back? I mean, BX always had such a hard time with the two week waiting period anyway, so will they even bother this year?

Actually, those girls in the rifle line don't need their rifles. They can make those men in uniform forget their names with their "special moves" :thumbup: .

They don't have a rifle line. It's a pole line. :thumbup:

Secondly, Brand X is going back to their roots with "new" uniforms!!

They will feature a Wal-Mart brand sweatshirt and tattered jeans with steel-to boots. They will also feature Red or Blue bandanas, depending on who's on which side. But you didn't hear it for me. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Press release just came though.

Brand X is proud to report that the 2008 drum line have been awarded arrest warrants in the corps' home county. "Such awards have been issued to individual members in the past, but never to an entire line..." giggles Brand X's personal parole officer. "It just goes to show the level of team work these young juveniles have achieved since being dragged into the corps." Local authorities will be handing out the awards at Brand X's next scheduled camp and will be inviting the drum line "downtown" for a free photo opt and phone call.

While we're on the subject, I was doing a Lexus-Nexus search for some court documents and was impressed to discover that Brand-X had managed to secure corporate sponsorship for its color guard. Is it true that the Monistat company will be getting a 100 per cent endorsement from the guard?

And they're going to be filming a promo?

If so, this is true fund-raising innovation. Can you think of a World Class Corps that can make the same claim?

regards - Jim

And they're going to be filming a promo?

I think you heard wrong. switch the first "r" and "o" and change the "m" to an "n"

At least, that's what I heard :thumbup:

You see what I mean about innovation? Yet another example of DCI not supporting Open Class - think you'd ever see this on the broadcast?

Oh wait - we don't have a broadcast now...

Talk about "special features" on the DVD's....

Give a whole new meaning to the word "easter egg".

regards - Jim

I think you heard wrong. switch the first "r" and "o" and change the "m" to an "n"

At least, that's what I heard :thumbup: