Best Look Uniforms

cone256

Let's just say that there was a very impressive fund raising dinner at the youth center. I forget how much a plate was, but it wasen't cheap. The guest were all deck out in Tuxcedos and Fur's.

Not too soon after that, we were wearing our new uniforms.

This was just a great fundraising idea, that worked. That's all I'm saying.

can you say " DON VITO "

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mummers......by far.

:satisfied::ph34r::santa:

Man.... those bands must spend a TON of money on those unis each year. Really elaborate stuff.

I'm serious here. I love Mummers' bands.

Fran

Man.... those bands must spend a TON of money on those unis each year. Really elaborate stuff.

I'm serious here. I love Mummers' bands.

Fran

As a Philadelphian, I would be more than happy to send them right down to you, Fran.

Well before I cast my votes, I must say I like the Kilties and Chops for their unique features. Kilties because well, we get to wear a kilt and it is unique in the drum corps activity. I think of it in the same regard as Cabs pants and Chops short sleeved jackets. The Chops jackets were great because they were cool to wear in the summer and we didn't have to mess with gauntlets and have to either tape them on or have them fall off during the show (always a pet peeve of drummers)

But without voting for a uniform I have worn, I would have to go with Brigs (mainly for their jackets) as one of my top three - bold contrasting colors that look great on the field. I've always liked the black pants, black shoes combination from a marching stand point with any corps. They cover a lot of "sins" when it comes to phasing of the feet or foot position when at a halt.

I'm also a fan of the "ausie" hats and plumes (Bush/Bucs) - as a drummer as I always liked the opportunity to wear it a bit lower and give the drumline that "dark" look plus the brim of the hat allows you to include head movements into the visual package which are easily read from the judges box ala the Cavies in DCI.

If I had to pick only one, I guess I would go with the Bucs as the overall winner.

That my opinion anyway,

Ryan J

As a Philadelphian, I would be more than happy to send them right down to you, Fran.

"Oh, dem golden slippers".......LOL!!!!!!

Fran

Not DCA, but Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights. The uniforms were simple, but loaded with class. Especially the racing stripes.

I also cannot forget that chrome buckle the Cavaliers had in the 60's. It was so traditional, they just had to move it to the hat when they dumped the shako's.

Speaking of chrome, what about those Chrome Domes? Racine Explorer Scouts.

I am a huge fan of the clean, slender look the Buccaneers uniform gives the corps. Works incredibly well with visual, form, body line, etc. They look cleaner than the rest visually because of the great design of the uniforms.

I am also a fan of Brigs uniforms with their bad-### shakos, and long clean lines of the uniform.

But of course, I always loved kickpleats, especially in high mark time...

I apologize for morphing this into a join DCA/DCI thread,

But in DCA, (from the intended vantage point which is the way it looks from Up top),

Bucs

Brigs.

Hurcs (minus the hats! Just my personal taste!)

andi really dug Carolina Golds uni.

DCI

I love the BD

Love the classic Cadet,

REALLY love the 92/93 Velvet Knights

Crossmen Circa 2004 with the all black with red cross etc.

and FINALLY

The Red/White of the Commandants own, US Marine Drum and Bugle Corps! :whistle:

KILLER Stuff!

Tony