Sleeper

I see Troop challenging from anywhere around 11th to 16th place. I also see Blue Knights cracking the top 6. They (BK) have been building a mighty fine corps in Denver over the last few years. Perhaps now is time for the payoff (ala Bluecoats). I really think thatthe "Old Firm" (a Scottish football term) is a thing of the past and the dreaded "P Word".....PARITY..... is now among us!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blue stars, academy, blue knights

I have no clue but I will say that I think the race for 10-16th will be as exciting and contentious as it was last year. I think those seven corps could end up in pretty much any place come finals week.

I was thinking Cavies because they had an off year this year,

3rd place and only 1.65 out of a championship and that is an off year?

So, am I to assume that the Cavies have an off year any year they don't win?

3rd place and only 1.65 out of a championship and that is an off year?

So, am I to assume that the Cavies have an off year any year they don't win?

more or less, that seems to be the trend. When you think about it, The Cavaliers haven't been lower than 2nd since 1999.

~>conner

Blue Stars!!!

I would also love to see glassmen and Bluecoats jump back up to higher positions

more or less, that seems to be the trend. When you think about it, The Cavaliers haven't been lower than 2nd since 1999.

~>conner

Wow. It would be bad enough for a corps to be so concerned with winning that it would consider anything less that first place an off year, but for fans to place that much pressure on a corps by thinking that 3rd place was not a satisfactory acheivement...that's just sad.

Note: by saying that, I am NOT indicating that I believe that the Cavaliers nor their staff is focused solely on winning. I do believe, however, that they are focused on quality of design and performance.

Wow. It would be bad enough for a corps to be so concerned with winning that it would consider anything less that first place an off year, but for fans to place that much pressure on a corps by thinking that 3rd place was not a satisfactory acheivement...that's just sad.

Note: by saying that, I am NOT indicating that I believe that the Cavaliers nor their staff is focused solely on winning. I do believe, however, that they are focused on quality of design and performance.

I would think that almost every, if not all corps are focused on the quality of design and performance of the group.

~>conner

Ummm.... The Cavaliers weren't quite as good as they were for like the previous 5 years. They placed third, when the generally place 1st, sometimes 2nd. That's pretty much an off year.

Chill.

I would think that almost every, if not all corps are focused on the quality of design and performance of the group.

~>conner

Yeah, Conner, I understand that. My point is that the Cavies, I don't believe, are concerned necessarily about being #1. Do they want to be the champion? Sure. But is that their most important goal? I think not.