Go march Crown!

thats because it's a waste.

I can't wait to hear the hornline you're teaching show 'em just how much of a waste it is. Really, I can't . . . .

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first, I thought by CC you meant CC tubas, instead of BBb. It would be interesting to see a corps march a couple of bass tubas (pitched in F or Eb) in addition to the contrabasses. Maybe if we can convince a corps to do a British brass band show...

16, that is certainly a large number. I hope their line's quality does not decrease with an increase in quantity.

actually there is a corps doing a british brass band show..... won't say who though... :tongue:

thats because it's a waste.

I think hornlines are too top heavy as it is... especially after the switch to Bb. The trumpets are just so strident and stick out of the ensemble because the Bb baritones and Tubas don't project as well. In my experience, you get more volume if you have a stronger bottom. Anyways, I think it worked pretty well for us (Star) in '92.

exactly. Call them what they are.

As long as it's still called drum corps, I'll still call them contras. Key is irrelevant.

As long as it's still called drum corps, I'll still call them contras. Key is irrelevant.

It seems the Crown members today refer to them as contras as well.

I'd just like to state for the record that at this current time Crown has more then enough contra players to fill a 16 member line but as we all know the hornline can change drastically before spring training. A little insurance is simply needed!

Correction, Crown currently has alot of talented tuba players but the brass staff is still looking for more prospective members. If you are a tuba player & want to have an awesome experience come to the January Crown camp in Ft. Mill, SC on 1/18 - 20. You can find the details on the Crown website.

Go Crown!

I do believe one of their k-90s are sitting in my living room right now. Thanks to Mr.Matt Basey, I can march one of the legendary horns. Too bad this exact type can't be made anymore. Anyone want to PM me if they're looking to selling a k-90. We need a few more for Derby City Knights. :devil:

Here'a a pic of the 16 King K-90's. Thanks for the pic Matt

post-8-1075159124.jpg