Go march Crown!

16 will be nice but I'm thinking it will only happen if they get 16 worthy players, which seems likely

I don’t think any corps should max out just to max out, they need the players and with Crowns brass approach, they need to find really solid players

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which you could legitimately refer to as trumpet, mellophone, baritone, and tuba.

An alto bugle and a mellophone bugle are two completely different instruments...

Can we agree to disagree? just call the smallest horn, second-smallest horn, and all the way to biggest horn

Can we agree to disagree? just call the smallest horn, second-smallest horn, and all the way to biggest horn

But what if someone comes out with an even smaller horn? Or something much bigger than biggest?

Actually, I believe in 92 they marched 3 valved horns, which would make them tubas, correct?

Or is it G dependent?

Star never used anything other than the 2 valve king bugles. btw, there is such a thing as 3 valve bugles.

Yeah..and that brass staff all teaches CC now, and THEY call them tubas. So there.

yick...I still have a problem calling them tubas though...maybe we can meet in the middle and call them basses ;)

Yeah..and that brass staff all teaches CC now, and THEY call them tubas. So there.

Maybe because they are using tubas NOW...instead of contras....

I agree with what was said....it will be hard to find that many people that can play and handle the horn.

"why....back in my day....."