Seneca Optimists

How cool is that?!!!!!

They had a nice corps in the early 70's (St John's). It seems Canada had alot of OPTI corps...Opti Knights, Opti Lancers, etc. I miss the old days with all the corps from NY and Canada.

Yeah - the local Optimist clubs sponsored a lot of corps in those days. So did the Lions club, the Kinsmen...... sigh ....

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to jump in here because I'm Kel's husband, and she's selling herself short on her instructional capabilities. I taught with her at Conqueror II and IMHO she's a great instructor.

Thanks, but don't you think you have a biased opinion??? :smile:

Kelly

Thanks, but don't you think you have a biased opinion??? :inlove:

Kelly

I don't think he does....he doesn't know what the word "biased" means, seriously !!!! :rolleyes::tongue:

HI JIM !!!!

Actually, Lindap, you don't know how close you came to meeting Kelly's husband in the Dutch Boy Cadets in 1976.

He was going to join the drumline of DBC in June of 1976 but when he found out we were wearing long pants instead of lederhosen.....he quit !!!!

Edited by ODBC

He was going to join the drumline of DBC in June of 1976 but when he found out we were wearing long pants instead of lederhosen.....he quit !!!!

Not true!!!!

That was actually a result of she who became wife # 1 not wanting to march that year after Optimist Knights folded. We came to a few practices, but it just didn't happen. Some of us went to Royalaires, others came to Dutch, and a few of us, sadly, did nothing at all in the end.

Edited by kusankusho

Thanks, but don't you think you have a biased opinion??? :rolleyes:

Kelly

No.

And what about that "woman of my dreams" stuff? That should have been good for some brownie points, dont you think???? Bolt.gif

No.

And what about that "woman of my dreams" stuff? That should have been good for some brownie points, dont you think???? Bolt.gif

Bow chika bown bown

No.

Yes, definitely worth brownie points!

However I'd like to remind everyone that the original discussion was about Seneca Optimists. Keith must be wondering what happened to that.....

I have another story.......

In 1978 there were reports of a 'flock' of Seneca Optimists flying up the Don Valley Parkway followed by a 'flying' equipment truck. Unfortunately the truck was detained and Barry Woods was left trying to explain that he was just following everyone else.

The actual story: One Saturday in 1978 at the beginning of the season we had a show at Seneca College. We rehearsed all day and made our own way from the practice site up the Don Valley Parkway to the college. I don't know who started it but someone stuck their arms out the car windows and started flapping like seagulls. Not to be left out the rest of us did the same thing so there was a long line of cars travelling up the DVP with arms flapping away, followed by the 'flying' equipment truck that had Seneca Optimists written on it in big black letters. I can't remember if Barry got pulled over or they just followed him to the college.

Kelly

However I'd like to remind everyone that the original discussion was about Seneca Optimists. Keith must be wondering what happened to that.....

kick.gif

You were talking about St. Johns when I posted. brick.gif

Love ya hon....

kick.gif

You were talking about St. Johns when I posted. brick.gif

Love ya hon....

Well Kelly - not entirely off track since you (along with a number of other girls) were remarkable Seneca Optimists via St. John's who showed up in Seneca with that incredible St. John's work ethic, willing to do anything asked of them without attitude and always with that killer sense of humour that was a staple of being in St. John's. It was a great marriage of corps members (no pun intended). It worked well because I remember most Seneca kids were from pretty tough backgrounds as were the girls in St. John's and with that came this dogged determination to "let's do it". I so loved teaching you guys and have the battle scars to prove it.

No.

SUCK UP !!!!

The who ?? OH, ya those guys.

I have another story.......

In 1978 there were reports of a 'flock' of Seneca Optimists flying up the Don Valley Parkway followed by a 'flying' equipment truck. Unfortunately the truck was detained and Barry Woods was left trying to explain that he was just following everyone else.

The actual story: One Saturday in 1978 at the beginning of the season we had a show at Seneca College. We rehearsed all day and made our own way from the practice site up the Don Valley Parkway to the college. I don't know who started it but someone stuck their arms out the car windows and started flapping like seagulls. Not to be left out the rest of us did the same thing so there was a long line of cars travelling up the DVP with arms flapping away, followed by the 'flying' equipment truck that had Seneca Optimists written on it in big black letters. I can't remember if Barry got pulled over or they just followed him to the college.

Kelly

He's still waiting for his bail money !! j/k