So Much Emotion

By the way, Madison is not going back to soprano bugles are they? I noticed your signature.

That was more of a joke to see who caught it. At Madison we still call them sopranos and at Spirit we usually called them trumpets.

-Weedy

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allow me to explain...

The man's name is Dan Ritacco. He is known throughout the drum corps activity as "Tacco."

How is that ignorant? But I do appreciate your current sentence structure.

oops

Edited by thirdcoast

Don't worry Third... (I still have my t-shirt that says "Madison - The Third Coast" on it BTW...) I'm sure the vast majority of people who have read this thread don't care about your sentence structure or spelling. Most CEO's at most major companies can't spell or write a decent sentence either. Ours send ALL his memo's out in ALL CAPS with NO punctuation ... no periods, comma's, question marks or exclamation points... NONE. We all make fun of this, but he's the boss.

Your point is valid... I agree with you, and many others probably do, too. You don't need to defend yourself here... just know that other POV's will be expressed.

edit: heh... spelled "punctuation" wrong... :w00t:

Edited by GGarrett

Mr. Brace, you already know that I think highly of your thoughts so you know that I'm not saying this in disrespect of you. I think that thirdcoast could do a much better job of his grammar, but I think that after one person pointed this out, it should have been left alone. I agree with a lot of what you said in your above post, but if somebody makes a thread I don't think it's right for every response to be about the grammar of the post. I think that if you don't have anything to add, than just leave it. To me 5 people saying the same thing that's almost hurtful like that is a rude thing to do... and to egg somebody on just for the sake of personal enjoyment in laughing at someone's ignorance is rude and childish and in a way kind of sick. This is a topic that could have turned into a nice friendly discussion about people's passionate feelings towards their corps and an interesting story thread about people's favorite memories from tour. Instead every single post that came in ended up being about grammar and it ruined a thread. This type of thing has been happening more and more and in many corps DCP's forums have become kind of a joke between members. It's a really sad thing that so many people that have stories to share get turned off from the forums because of responses like this.

-Weedy

oops

Edited by thirdcoast

Don't worry Third... (I still have my t-shirt that says "Madison - The Third Coast" on it BTW...) I'm sure the vast majority of people who have read this thread don't care about your sentence structure or spelling. Most CEO's at most major companies can't spell or write a decent sentence either. Ours send ALL his memo's out in ALL CAPS with NO punctuation ... no periods, comma's, question marks or exclamation points... NONE. We all make fun of this, but he's the boss.

Your point is valid... I agree with you, and many others probably do, too. You don't need to defend yourself here... just know that other POV's will be expressed.

edit: heh... spelled "punctuation" wrong... :w00t:

How's the green kool aid tasting Geno? Keep sipping. Out.

How's the green kool aid tasting Geno? Keep sipping. Out.

:w00t:

No No... it's red for me Tom... 180px-Kool-AidMan.jpg

I'm sure the vast majority of people who have read this thread don't care about your sentence structure or spelling.

That is probably true, and it is a #### shame. The internet has made people stupid (or lazy, or both).

People write more than ever thanks to things like forums and instant messaging, but the average persons ability to use the English language has amazingly gone down. Why not just practice proper use of the language so that it just becomes habit. Good habits on the internet transfer into good habits in other aspects of writing.

Most CEO's at most major companies can't spell or write a decent sentence either. Ours send ALL his memo's out in ALL CAPS with NO punctuation ... no periods, comma's, question marks or exclamation points... NONE. We all make fun of this, but he's the boss.

Somehow I doubt this is the case at most major companies.