Uniform redesigns

SCV: green pants, red jacket, white stripe, star, aussie, and huge plume. Don't mess with perfection.

Worst uniform last year was Bluestar's. I loved your show and thought you were definitely top 12 material but that uniform was a huge distraction.

from what i know the SCV uniform this year is simiallar to last years uniform with some changes, still gonna be traditional vanguard though

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed. Put the tops with dark blue bibs and black shoes and you might have a winner. That's what the bass drummers were wearing.

although i didnt think the 07 unis were bad or anything, i really liked the blue stars '06 uniform; classy and traditional, but really unique and effective.

How about no one adds a new uniform and everyone stays in business for another season.

Call me crazy, but I'm REALLY hoping SCV tests the waters once again with white pants. I LOVED the look of that uniform with the white.

Although I loved those uniforms and thought they look very mature and classy, I would say no. It was a lot of white with the stripe, and supposedly it hurt their marching score since they went to straight leg that year. Also thought it fit that years show perfectly!!

There isn't much left to do on the uni that has never been done before, except for maybe changing the slash color and half of the jacket color.

Agreed.

Remember the pus yellow trim SCV wore the year after Gail died (plumes and drum hardware)? Man, that was truly awful and I'm a huge Vanguard fan.

Or when they wore black, white and gold with white shoes in 96? Blech, I thought that looked tacky as well.

Edited by sopchick_01

I'm cool with uniform updates and upgrades (different material used, adding or taking away a particular feature or something), but a complete revamp tells me that the corps is tryng/wanting to be someone that they weren't, or are wanting to give a message that they are not who they were.... or something to that affect.