16 Tenors?

I believe the title is "Bumpy Ride in a Hoppy Machine."

And they used 128 tenors.

Actually, it was written for 15, but we lost 2 snare drummers mid-season. We started with 10, went down to 8, one due to carpal tunnel, but one of the drummers was a health risk (had some sort of seizure or heart attack in drill rehearsal...it was REALLY surreal), so he actually marched the opener up to the end of the tenor break, then went to the pit, so we actually ended up with 14 in the opener.

Hope that helps...

Oh, and by the way, it was Short Ride in a Frack Machine (listen to the first 15 seconds or so to the sopranos...eesh.)

Oh, and by the way, it was Short Ride in a Frack Machine (listen to the first 15 seconds or so to the sopranos...eesh.)

"Frack Machine". FUNNY! I'll always remember Hop telling me about an early season judge who criticized them for relying on a downbeat ostinato quarter-note woodblock to keep the chart together; not knowing that it was/is in the original score :thumbup: (which BTW is a great chart).

Sorry but this is just the way my mind works and because of all the changes in Drum Corps today when I read "tenors"

I thought "singers." Then I said "no way!" Imagine how big the rest of the chorus was?

LOL

Puppet

My friend, Pete Sapadin, was one of those 14 tenors, then transitioned to snare.

Madison opened their 98 show with 12 snares and no tenors, used 9 tenors and 3 snares for "Swingin' Pete", and 8 snares and 4 tenors for "Remembrance."

Garry in Vegas

My friend, Pete Sapadin, was one of those 14 tenors, then transitioned to snare.

Madison opened their 98 show with 12 snares and no tenors, used 9 tenors and 3 snares for "Swingin' Pete", and 8 snares and 4 tenors for "Remembrance."

Garry in Vegas

Wasn't Pete in BD in 1990 (snare)??

Yup...Mike Stevens, who marched BD's tenor line, aged out at Cadets in 91, as well.

So, did Pete play snare and was just one of the tenors at the begining?? Did they come to Cadets because of Float leaving BD??