< How to join Renegades for Chinese New Year >

Rain drops skipping on your drum head makes for such a beautiful sound! :tongue:

SHHHHHHH.......Don't give George Hopkins any ideas....He's been thinking "WET" these days.

:doh:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The warm-ups, (ya, right, NOT!), and performing at DCA 2006 was my all time worst drum corps experience ever, even worse than taking 2nd place, DCI, '81. A third would be fending off the mosquitos and humidity on tour. Rain drops skipping on your drum head makes for such a beautiful sound! :tongue:

Hi Kelly: You may or may not remember me, I just found drum corps planet about a week ago . . .

Anyway, I marched with you in '79.

Wet drum heads, that reminds me of the time the drum lines heads got drenched by sprinklers just before a show - I think it was Pacific Procession, and the drum line was psyched because they had (got to) borrow the Freelancer's black chrome drums. I guess that seemed pretty cool for them. Heck, I think even us horn players got psyched about it - probably it was contagious.

Were you there that year?

Good luck at the parade today . . .

A wonderful time was had by all despite the "stormy" conditions!!!

Here's a "fuzzy" photo taken off the television broadcast.

cnyp4.jpg

It's funny Munson, the day before the parade the weather reporters had predicted that this was going to be the worst storm for a Chinese New Year Parade and luckily that never happened, then on Sunday the same reporters stated that it was better to overstate a weather warning then the opposite....it's been well over 36 years since I marched the CNYP.....it was a little damp and cool but I couldn't think of better way to spend my time but with folks I've known and marched with back in the 60's and early 70's. That was cool getting a Year of the Rat patch ....nice keepsake along with the 2nd ding on my new Kanstul baritone....another memento.....life is good!

Ben

I had such a great time!!! And I got to march with the infamous Mistress Kelli!!!!! :doh:

This is my favorite ritual my wife and I share.....well, that and the thing wih the goat :doh:

It was great seeing you again, Ben!!!

Ditto Kelli!!!....Keep on Truckin!!!

Myself and Lindsay have arrived at our respected homes safely. It was hard to leave 50 degree weather only to have 30 degree weather with snow waiting for me.

It was awesome and fun to meet old friends KELLI!!!! and new ones where I can finally put a face to a lot of DCP names.

The only bad thing about the whole weekend was the weather during the parade. Not being able to see where I'm going with the rain hitting my glasses making them fog up and having the cable car tracks keeping me on my toes was little bit of a downer but as soon as we played All Night Long I remembered why I came here....

TOO PLAY LOUD!!!!

Thanks for everyone making me feel like part of the family....especially at Chevy's..lol. I believe there were five of us left when we closed it down.

If anyone has a recording of the TV clip of us can you please send me a link to it on youtube or something close to it.

Thanks and I will be back again next year for the Year of the Ox and for sure on 2011 my sign, the Rabbit.

Thanks again and I will be posting pictures up soon but it is now to fall asleep.

DONT SUCK