Cost VS Quality

Why are certain corps so willing to sacrifice the quality of sound for cheap gear and good sponsorship deals, particularly in the drumline realm?

Could you be more specific. I mean, each of us have our opinions about what companies and products we individually endorse, but it's sort of off-base to just make a blanket question in the way you did without specifics.

Like if you were to say that you didn't like company X and why is corps L using that company because you think their product suck, well then you have your opinion and get to complain about what a corps is doing.

Not trying to be a dick, just trying to understand what corps your talking about and what products/endorsements.

Could you be more specific. I mean, each of us have our opinions about what companies and products we individually endorse, but it's sort of off-base to just make a blanket question in the way you did without specifics.

Like if you were to say that you didn't like company X and why is corps L using that company because you think their product suck, well then you have your opinion and get to complain about what a corps is doing.

Not trying to be a dick, just trying to understand what corps your talking about and what products/endorsements.

I would guess Academy choosing Jupiter, BD choosing Pro Mark, Phantom choosing Die-Nasty. There are probably more this season but those are ones I have heard of.

Why are certain corps so willing to sacrifice the quality of sound for cheap gear and good sponsorship deals, particularly in the drumline realm?

CASH

Simple. You can take all the ideological stands you want but they don't pay the bills. And someone has to pay them. You can have a ######## set of horns or whatever, top of the line but what good does that do if you can't eat or fill the gas tanks.

Edited by WWonka

I don't know, but I'd love to see a Midwest corps do a horn deal with Schilke.

They don't make any marching brass yet

But

Phantom on a line of marching brass by Schilke! :inlove::rolleyes: