Good 'songs' to arrange for front ensemble

rhythmaniacs

Madison Scouts and Crown used to play "Everything in it's Right Place" by Radiohead as a good double stop warm up. Really cool to listen to.

Crown also played "The Scientist" by Coldplay this summer

RCC used to play "Precious Things" by Tori Amos, also a really cool unison hands warm up.

When you're done with HBFS, think you could work in Aerodynamic? I can imagine that being a great warm-up

• 1 month later...

if you do a quick google search....you can find an amazing pit tune from UMass's pit.

They played Paranoid Android by Radiohead, simply amazing.

Kudos to Seth Adams for arranging that.

He also arranged Everything In It's Right Place by Radiohead as a warm up that we used at Magic in 2003. I wish I had a recording of that.

I've always played snare but back in my high school days we did a rendition of the theme from the exorcist. It was very cool. Although we didn't have a front ensemble (mallet instruments were carried then) the arrangement was awesome! The Jr Xylophone player who did the musical arrangement was brilliant - even back in 1981. He now has his own line of Vic Firth marching mallets. Goes by the name of Jeff Lee. He's a former Blue Devils instructor and now the musical director for Blast. True story!